Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't know about that deal, but here locally there was a legit listing on Craigslist yesterday for what I think is a steal. 05 unlimited LWB with only 34k miles for $12k. If I hadn't just blown my wad just purchasing my tj, the unlimited would be sitting in my driveway. Even considered buying it and reselling to make a few bucks.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Wow!! :eek:! Your concerns for rust is valid. That Jeep has been repainted for obvious reasons, hence the lack of decals. There are even rust in the front seat bolts, along with rusted bolts high up in the engine bay. My guess is that jeep has been submerged in water, whether purposely or not. Those plastic body armor are probably covering some rust holes. AVOID AT ANY PRICE !!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yeah something funky about that one. Not one dealer visit, in 8+ years, no maintenance records? 5000 miles a year, could be a winter driven vehicle only. Sat around with salt from roads on it? Got traded in at one place who couldn't resell it, so they shipped it to the auction and this dealer bought it and is trying to sell it. Smells a little fishy.

Our 97 Jeep spent a couple of years in New York, one of the worst places for salt damage, and it looks like it rolled off the dealer floor compared to that one.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I think it is has lived in the Rust belt...look at the air filter clips. If those are rust corroded, then lots of other engine parts will be too. Pics were taken at an angle to show the least amount of rust. I bet the intake side of the engine is nasty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't talk to the dealer yet I don't what the seats are. Yes this jeep has lived in the rust belt(Ohio) all it's life. Thanks for all your replys I am going to pass at this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts