Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first jeep and want to pull my polaris rzr & atv. Will it pull it?
2011 4 door sahara

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem.. I pull a some what hefty gear trailer for my Scout troop
tow.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes but the jeep was not really intended as something to tow with.
I've towed cars on a car dolley with mine but I am not exactly endorsing just saying its possible

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I tow h2s behind mine with a recovery rope.

·
Registered
63 Posts
With a towing package, the Sahara has a 3500 pound towing capacity. Anything over 2000 pounds should have brakes and the Jeep should have a controller installed. I tow a [email protected] travel trailer and the last trip I made was over Wolf Creek pass without any issues.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I tow a utility trailer rated at 2900 lbs max. The jeep is rated at 3500. I pulled 2500 in the trailer, 4 kayaks on the top and 4 peoples inside from MA to FL and back and no issues. My trailer does not have brakes. The trailer I pull for my son's troop does have electric brakes and I had a unit installed to mate up to it. I do have more peace of mind while driving with the troop trailer attached. I am planning on putting brakes on my trailer. With either trailer I drive with an abundance of caution. I see people do some pretty wild things with trailers attached and wonder where their brains are. So, I'm saying that it can be done but with caution. I would use the jeep right up to its towing capacity without concern, just caution.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I was hoping I would be able to tow the TJ on a car dolly with my JKU. It will probably be too much, and I'll have to end up stealing the Tundra pick up from pops.

·
Registered
147 Posts
JK 4 door towing

I tow a 21' pontoon behind my JK with 4.88 gears. This pretty much runs the JK to the 3500lbs limit and sometimes a little more with the trailer weight. On farily flat ground it doesn't give me too much problem at all. In steep hills I need to downshift to 4th (I have the 6 speed) and on very steep grades sometimes third. My pontoon has a TON of wind drag and the JK does a pretty good job. You prob won't notice towing an ATV on a trailer or anything up to 2k pounds that isn't poking its head above the Jeep dragging a bunch of air. Braking even maxed at 3500lbs towing has been surprisingly good with just surge brakes on my trailer.

The Wranglers have a fairly short wheel base even in the four door versions so a little common sense when towing with these never hurts. Hard turns and excessive speed prob aren't a good idea. I run max 65mph while towing the boat.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts