Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just bought another jeep and it's badass!! It was custom built by a shop in Austin Texas called Brutal Offroad!! Love everything about it and couldn't pass up the deal seeing it was a customer of mine and there moving and needed to sell it fast but wanted it to go to someone that will appreciate it! Only thing is it's got custom Dana 30 front and custom Dana 35 rear and the shop threw on 37 nitto mud grapplers, but my customers only had it as a beach and street pounder. They never really took it offroad! Do you think it could handle some offroading or should I not chance it? Oh and it has a hopped up V8 in it to!! Here's the pics enjoy, and let me know what you guys think!!

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks nice, but wouldn't do much more than the backyard for offroading w/ the D35...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha!! Yeah I planned on it and plus this rig has alot of power to the ground and the former owner said he got on it quite a bit and never broke anything so I'm hoping I made a great investment! Plus I got it for a steal seeing how I'm kinda friends with the people! Only thing is I'm most likely gonna change the grill and fenders cause I don't like the square headlight look or the older style flares! Then again this might just become my hardcore rig and keep my 05' tj for mild stuff!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Six Gun Matt said:
sweet, but under the load of a v8 and 37 inch tires, both of those axles' days are numbered. oh well, that's the fun of it, right? always having to replace something...
Isn't that the truth!! Jeeps are just one big piggy bank that you keep dropping every little bit of change you have but there totally worth it! At least I still have my TJ as a DD!!

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
YJ!AY-YI-YI!I have heard that a CJ grille can be retro-fitted on a YJ.Do that,lose the hideous squares,and it will be gorgeous.Not hatin' on your ride-it is cool.Just have an aversion to the ugly square headlights.IMHO,that is the worst thing Mopar did,after buying out AMC.They eventually saw the error of their ways,and the TJ was born!It's not "hip to be square",regardless of what Huey Lewis and the news says!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GoldTJ said:
YJ!AY-YI-YI!I have heard that a CJ grille can be retro-fitted on a YJ.Do that,lose the hideous squares,and it will be gorgeous.Not hatin' on your ride-it is cool.Just have an aversion to the ugly square headlights.IMHO,that is the worst thing Mopar did,after buying out AMC.They eventually saw the error of their ways,and the TJ was born!It's not "hip to be square",regardless of what Huey Lewis and the news says!
Yeah I really plan on it seeing how I don't like the square lights either and I agree with you that was the worst mistake they made, so glad the TJ was born with the rounds!! So the CJ grill will fit it huh? What about the TJ grill does it work or no?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jammy-Jeep said:
Sweet rig!!!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
No I don't mind but you probably gonna freak!! I only gave $6500 for it, if they were gonna sell it to someone they didn't know they were asking $17,500!! But it's a custom built jeep. But I know them and they know I'm really into jeeps plus they already knew I had a 05' TJ so they know how much I appreciate them!! They wanted someone to have it that would value it and take care of it! I pretty much got really lucky on this jeep. Which is weird because usually my buddies have all the luck and I never can but this time I did.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.