Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
No problem. There is a link on the forum somewhere, where you can download the manual if you are that worried about it, I think you can get a free printed version as well.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
If your Jeep is new it didn't come with a manual. You can download it from the Jeep website.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm surprised you did not at least get the basic manual. Your dealer is slacking.

You can call customer care and they will mail you the full hard copy (with supplemental) for free, or do like mentioned above and download the PDF.​

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
IIRC the warning pops up when a tire falls below ~29psi. If you have bigger tires you may want to change/lower the psi & get a AEV Procal.
I believe it's a 10% variance from recommended stock pressure of 35lbs. That would make the trip point somewhere between 31 and 32 lbs of pressure. I wish it were less than 28.

It also takes quite a while to clear after you inflate above the trip point.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does the light go off when you drive it long distances and then come back on when it is cold? Surely TPS.

Only got a CD of the manual with mine when purchased but I called Chrysler and they sent me a free hardcopy. Like mentioned before, you can find a PDF version of the manual on Jeep.com

·
Registered
191 Posts
They didn't give you a manual on a brand new jeep? Dude, you spent $30k or more on a New Jeep, and one of the things it comes with is a manual. Tell 'em order you one, or take it out of another on the lot... not cool...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
....usually there's a gong sound with that light too....at first, but it goes away.....it took a while to track down my gong/light issue was a low spare.

I've been told with a programer you can set the trip level to "0" if you want. Never tried myself.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Low air in a tire.
The light will also come on when the pressure is too high.

Don't forget to check the pressure in your spare as well, it also has a TPMS sensor.
The sensor in the spare tire is not connected nor is read by the computer. It cannot trigger a warning light.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The light will also come on when the pressure is too high.

The sensor in the spare tire is not connected nor is read by the computer. It cannot trigger a warning light.
This seems reasonable enough, but there are members on here that have cured TPMS issues by adjusting pressure in their spare.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
This seems reasonable enough, but there are members on here that have cured TPMS issues by adjusting pressure in their spare.
No. They thought they have is all.

Go out and look at your spare. There is nothing connecting them to the computer in the jeep. Read your owners manual and it will tell you that the computer only reads the four tires mounted on the ground on the jeep. The tires must be in motion/rotation for the computer to read them.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
No. They thought they have is all.

Go out and look at your spare. There is nothing connecting them to the computer in the jeep. Read your owners manual and it will tell you that the computer only reads the four tires mounted on the ground on the jeep. The tires must be in motion/rotation for the computer to read them.
Don't know about yours but mine will read just sitting in the garage...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts