Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Reactions: b17gsr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just pick up a Dorman 917-992 Engine Oil Filter Bypass Valve
and you'll be good to go
Actually not knowing just the valve could be had, I ordered a whole filter kit from Amazon, it came today and I popped out the valve and installed it. Ten minutes tops. I am groaning a bit that I could have bought just the valve, but on the other hand I am up and running now but will still go ahead and order a valve to have on hand for the next time that cheap SOB blows.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Actually not knowing just the valve could be had, I ordered a whole filter kit from Amazon, it came today and I popped out the valve and installed it. Ten minutes tops. I am groaning a bit that I could have bought just the valve, but on the other hand I am up and running now but will still go ahead and order a valve to have on hand for the next time that cheap SOB blows.

Thanks for the link.
I've had to replace mine once. I now keep a spare Dorman on hand since you will find out you need it when you change your filter, and if you don't have it then, you're SOL. Cheap enough to just keep a spare handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts