Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife gave me a $6k budget for some work I've been wanting to do on the jeep. :awesome: That being said here is how the Jeep sits now. 01 TJ sahara, 4.0 with nv3550 and 231 Tc, 4" Rubicon Express w/ all adjustable control arms, on 35/12.5/15, Dana 35/30 running 3.07 gears. With that being said this is what was ordered to be replaced. East Coast Gears is building me a Ford 8.8 with all new stuff, Grizzly lockers and 4.88 gears, brakes, disc,and calipers, e brake cables, yoke, bent still cover, and artec truss kit. That should take care of the Dana 35 issue, also I'm installing an SYE and CV drive line. For the front I'm going to regear to the 4.88 gears, grizzly locker, artec truss kit and C gussets, new u joints, ball joints, and unit bearings, and while I'm at a full brake job. So when I have all of this going on is there anything I should look at doing while it's easy to get to.i wanted to do the axle upgrade on the front while at it but that would put me way out of my budget. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Metal cloak or Currie Savy control arms

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
That's all part of the next go around for next year. When I install long arm kit and TT

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Unless you are a 16yr old kid living at home, I wouldn't be celebrating that the wife "gave" you your money back to work on your vehicle. That's insulting to your manhood & it's time to lay down or revisit some marriage ground rules.
Sounds like you have a bunch of fun stuff coming in the mail :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Unless you are a 16yr old kid living at home, I wouldn't be celebrating that the wife "gave" you your money back to work on your vehicle. That's insulting to your manhood & it's time to lay down or revisit some marriage ground rules.
Sounds like you have a bunch of fun stuff coming in the mail :)
Single?
---

Now back to the original question... Sounds like you are on the right tract. Just make sure to budget in some spare parts. Tools are always a good investment.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Single?
---

Now back to the original question... Sounds like you are on the right tract. Just make sure to budget in some spare parts. Tools are always a good investment.
No, been married going on 21 yrs & the same job for 16 yrs. Your point ?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
For 35's 5:38 gears.... cut down a full size dana 44 for the front, or at minimum high zoot shafts and ujoints

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Single?
---

Yes sir got the tools covered. As for parts I keep an couple extra U-joints along with front wheel hub assembly, misc nuts and bolts, radiator hoses, and some electrical stuff any other spare stuff you recommend as far as parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts