Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my Jeep has this bracket but my wife's Sport does not -- I assume it detects when the hood is up. Ah, probably because I have remote-start and she doesn't? Anyway, looks like that other opening is shaped to fit something else, anybody know what it might be? Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
nothing. My guess is the bracket is used on different models but on USA JK wranglers with remote start they look just like that.

·
dirt road inspector
2,969 Posts
I have had three JKU's with the remote start. The plunger switch mounted on the bracket prevents the remote start to work if the hood is open. A while ago I opened the hood, held the plunger down and remote started the Jeep. I released the plunger and the engine stopped.

Years ago I read here on the forum that it had a function related to the security system. That is not the case.

I would really like to know the purpose of the other bracket hole

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
That hole is for the hood lock latch that never made it fully into production. Either that or a hole to poke your screwdriver thru in order to get to a screw beneath it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
It’s made to hold a butfer. At least that’s what mine does.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I put the extra hole for my underhood lighting. I added a plunger switch to allow the lights come on when the hood is open. I also added a switch so I can turn them off if I do not need the lights on.
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG
IMG_1172.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG

·
Registered
966 Posts
@tomthbomb Your asking the wrong question. The correct question is “What’s a but fer?”

1 - 9 of 9 Posts