Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a zone 3" or a BDS 2". The zone looks like it has everything I need but what about the BDS?

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Is your TJ bone stock (completely OEM suspension/shocks)?

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
For the 2" BDS lift, you will probably want to add the proper length shocks and bumpstops if you disconnect the front swaybar links for offroading. But I am sure there are lots of people that install just the 2" BDS springs and leave everything else bone stock.

Also, remember that with any suspension change...be sure to get an alignment done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought the 2" BDS. Only thing I added to the purchase was a steering stabilizer. Don't think you need anything else unless of get drive shaft vibrations, which I hear is rare. Haven't installed yet, but will let you now if there's anything missing after I drive it! 4 springs and 4 shocks makes it pretty simple. (Hopefully)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also which would you recommend? If I got the zone 3" I would buy 33" tires. But if I get the BDS 2" I would buy 31" tires

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Also which would you recommend? If I got the zone 3" I would buy 33" tires. But if I get the BDS 2" I would buy 31" tires
That is going to have to be your decision. 33" will make the Jeep be geared taller than the 31's, so the bigger the diameter, the more the need to regear (~$1200). But personally I love my 33" and I still have 4.10 gears on my 4 cyl.

2" BDS springs, 1"-1.25" Body Lift and 33" tires is a good combination for the TJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts