Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost have all the parts I THINK needed to complete the mods I'm doing on my 2016 JKU.

Purchased new (to me) 5 JL Rubicon Wheels,
1.5 spacers
new proper sized lug nuts
5 new 285/75/17 tires.
new TPMS sensors

This is the parts list shown for the AEV Dualsport Lift. Also purchased a Smittybilt tire carrier because of the increased tire weight. Perhaps over kill but.....

These are the parts in the AEV kit.
Front and Rear Coil Springs
Bilstein Shocks
Front and Rear Bump Stops
Front and Rear Brake Line Brackets
Custom Rear Track Bar (Left Hand Drive Only)
Rear Axle Side Track Bar Bracket
Front Sway Bar Link Brackets
AEV Geometry Correction Brackets (purchased separately)

Since it's a kit I assume all hardware should come with it for the install.

Should I purchase the AEV ProCal Module for programming the new tire size? I'm re-gearing this spring so it will get used for more then just the new tire size.

What else is essential to finish this project? Keep in mind my jeep is not used for off road and I realize this is a compromise lift compared to all the heavy duty super expensive rock crawling machines on the forum!

I'm hoping for improved ride and driveability. Really nothing more except making it look cooler. Any suggestions on what else might be useful will be appreciated. I also realize everyone has their own ideas about lifts, vendors, etc. Just looking for input if I'm forgetting something important that's actually required to make this all come together. Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You can use Jscan to do the programming. If you aren't going offroad the stock carrier should be fine at that size. I also doubt you will need a regear.

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use Jscan to do the programming. If you aren't going offroad the stock carrier should be fine at that size. I also doubt you will need a regear.
It's got a 3.21 which for me is extremely annoying to drive. So it's getting regeared no matter what this spring. Thanks for the input however.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
Go down to the classifieds... Somebody is selling a flash cal....it's easier to use than the aev unit....

Reactions: cthusker

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,836 Posts
And the jScan. It is even easier to use than the flashcal. And less expensive. And I have read next to no complaints or issues. It does much more than the AEV unit. Buy one of the OBDII modules from the list of suggested units on the jScan site. I have the iCar unit. Less than $30 prime on Amazon.

JScan Mobile Jeep Diagnostic Tool

Access diagnostic trouble codes
Real time data logging in all modules
Read, clear, share vehicle trouble codes
View live data from all sensors (I love this feature for long trips on and off road)
View vehicle settings

All from your iPhone or Android mobile.

The AEV kit is complete and nothing else is needed. If you are going 2.5" and 35" tires, then I would add the geo brackets. A more expensive route, but better able to tune your suspension in would be adjustable arms instead of geo's.

In addition, I would add a flip kit for your steering stabilizer to increase front end clearance. Cheap and easy install.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I will echo the above and say go with JScan. I was ready to pull the trigger on a procal after wheels and tires, but after sending a few questions to JScan decided to go that route. I couldn't be happier with my decision. The best part is I'm only in it for $50.00.

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I wouldn't spend the money on a brand new Procal. You can find used Procals on Craigslist for $50. Jscan is ~$42 total and even I could figure it out.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Reactions: cthusker
1 - 8 of 8 Posts