Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to install my UCF ultra high skid. What else do I need to complete?

I have already installed lift, upper and lower adjustable CA's, 1 1/4" JKS body lift, 1" MML, Ford 8.8

I am getting ready to install SYE kit with new chain, Skid plate, I imagine stock skid bolts will work fine??

I still need to complete, and then order up drive shaft, I am thinking of novak cable shifter for case. Who gives free shipping and discount for those items.

My biggest concern is the exhaust system , and possible roadblocks I will encounter with the exhaust. I don't have a torch to be able to heat, and bend hangars, what have you all done to work around the exhaust issues.
I have also heard of the skid lifts throwing a CEL ( code ) something to do with mis-alignment or leaking of exhaust system, ( I imagine would have to be upstream of the cat )

I would like to just keep this as simple as possible when I start tearing into things. Since my patience level is for :censored:

Any thoughts, ideas, shortcuts, work arounds, Would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I had no exhaust issues but its my understanding that I was just pne of the lucky few. My Rokmen skid fit perfect but the joles aren't recessed so the stock bolts didn't exactly work. Bought some grade 8's and washers from home depot.

You may need an adjustable track bar if you have to adjust your pinion angle after your transfer case mods.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I am getting ready to install my UCF ultra high skid. What else do I need to complete?

I have already installed lift, upper and lower adjustable CA's, 1 1/4" JKS body lift, 1" MML, Ford 8.8

I am getting ready to install SYE kit with new chain, Skid plate, I imagine stock skid bolts will work fine??

I still need to complete, and then order up drive shaft, I am thinking of novak cable shifter for case. Who gives free shipping and discount for those items.

My biggest concern is the exhaust system , and possible roadblocks I will encounter with the exhaust. I don't have a torch to be able to heat, and bend hangars, what have you all done to work around the exhaust issues.
I have also heard of the skid lifts throwing a CEL ( code ) something to do with mis-alignment or leaking of exhaust system, ( I imagine would have to be upstream of the cat )

I would like to just keep this as simple as possible when I start tearing into things. Since my patience level is for :censored:

Any thoughts, ideas, shortcuts, work arounds, Would be greatly appreciated.
I am getting ready to do the same thing but I am adding a 4-1 TC in the process. I was ready to pull the trigger and get started until I asked about it on another forum. Now I need to carefully plan this out so I can make it a successful project.

If you haven't installed your SYE, see if you can exchange it for the super short SYE (SSSYE). All of my research shows that is the way to go to help your driveling angle. The UHC will most likely interfere with your exhaust so plan to mod that. You will most likely need a lowepro type tranny mount with the UHC. I'm recalling things for my 241 so it might be a little different for the 231.
Don't "think" about a Novak cable shifter, just get it. You'll need it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
yep I have the adjustable trackbar, wonder if I will need relocation kit for that???
Depends on your pinion angle. I just have a (older) 2.5 inch lift and had a matching 2.5" trackbar relocation bracket and tummy tuck, so when I adjusted my pinion angle the TC got mashed into the gas tank skid. I'm thinking "ahah!", now I need an angled TC relo bracket, but since they don't exactly read your mind and design those to perfectly match the angle of your axle to the TC bracket angle and frame bracket, I soon found my OEM TC would have too much of a twist if I could even install it. So now I'm waiting on the $$$ for an adjustable TC. From a previous threat I've posted on the subject, Currie, JKS, and Metal Cloak seem to make the best product, with a soul or two chiming in for Rubicon Express. I'll be going with JKS because I've liked everything I've gotten from them so far.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also am installing a new transmission mount, since I am in there why not.

Do I need the lowpro mount by UCF?? I have a 5 speed, and body lift, my understanding was I didn't. Would it be beneficial if it was an option ( with or without lowpro ).?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I also am installing a new transmission mount, since I am in there why not.

Do I need the lowpro mount by UCF?? I have a 5 speed, and body lift, my understanding was I didn't. Would it be beneficial if it was an option ( with or without lowpro ).?
If you are doing the ultra high then you need the lowepro mount. The best thing to do is give them a call and run your ideas by them and they can steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as the lo-pro, looks like I can go with or without. Depends on what my drive-line angle ends up being. I can see where it would be beneficial if angles are steep.

Think I will save the 130 bucks on that and see how angles work out first.

Best place to get my Novak????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts