Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New JT owner here coming from a 16 JKURHR. The JT is pretty much a JL with a box so I put this here.

Having spent a lot of time in the JK forums I know most of the gripes folks had with the platform. Now as a new JT owner some of the things I've noticed so far.
#1 Better hood latches ( you all know this already tho)

#2 Grab handles on the 'A' pillar ( some may gripe because they wanted to mount switches there which brings us to # 3)

#3 Auxiliary switches from the factory. ( big plus in my eyes)

#4 Audio can be programed to go back to the last state on start-up ( Again a big plus here.

What else have you found that they got right with this platform?

·
Premium Member
16,897 Posts
- LED lights option which makes ALL lights LED and Mike I add great ones.
- Tow package with the AUX switches Amazing. Anyone who ever wired aftermarket options knows what a PIA that can be.
- Rear head rests that flip down
- Mopar mats with drain holes straight thru genius.
- 8 speed tranny
- 33's stock. Run 35's love the D44's and the width of the axles.
- ergonomics in general switches, dimmable footwell lights.
- the Alpine stereo if chosen. Sub back on the side. Floor storage is back.
- love my hood, I have the steel bumpers they are improved.
- Brakes.
- Stuff you lift lighter. Stuff that needed to be - stronger.
- FT latches better.

:)

·
Registered
323 Posts
The doors:
Door detents.
Lighter doors and longer top pin makes aligning and reinstalling a breeze.
Built in handle for easy removal.

Hugely improved soft top and windows.
Painted frame looks so much better than the wrapped JK.
On Rubicon the high lifted fenders and 33’s with much better stock rubber.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not having a JK before but having driven one, the ride is way better. Overall feels more solid. About the LED lights...they are extremely bright ...Love em. My Sahara Unlimited is surprisingly quiet....not thats what I bought it for😁 Rear ac vents for grandkids...

·
Registered
860 Posts
The ride is much better, mostly because of the longer wheelbase.

Instument cluster was brought up to 2020 and so is the radio with aple carplay and android auto.

The flap that covers the gap between the rear seats and floor with seat are folded down.

Rearview camera is one of the best out there.

Hardtop front panels are so much lighter that they can be miticulously manipulated therefore much easier to put on and off.

The power..... my Sahara is much more powerful and quicker off the line than my JKU Rubicon was.

The steering is much more precise.

Tons more but I'll let others chime in.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Living in AZ with 2 kids....the rear A/C vents!!
I didn't know this (not the living in AZ with 2 kids bit...the rear AC vents). Is that stock across the board? I imagine so....and that is nice for my 2 rug rats

Reactions: Julieboolie

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Reactions: Julieboolie

·
Registered
74 Posts
And look under the driver and passenger seats....there are heater ducts under there on my Sahara for the rear passengers....I have the 8.4 Uconnect and found out I can adjust temperature using voice commands😁 Drove 200 miles on the Natchez Trace Pkwy. I pulled the freedom tops, tuned to some Jazz on XM set the cruise on 50....got 27.5 mpg V6😎 absolutely wonderful ride.

·
Premium Member
16,897 Posts
Can get a pretty good deal on one too I hear!

I'll be sticking with the JKUR though, warranty is up and I can start ripping out all the nanny bullshit they put in it!
There is that.... Freedom "IS" being able to do what you want when and how you want....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Maybe so, but reading all the problem threads on another site (loose/erratic steering, engine issues, other stuff) gives me pause. That and I feel like I'm too lazy to bother with dealers atm lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts