Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are may threads about this, but every case is different. This is the second stock bumper I've gone through from someone hitting me when i wasn't around and I'm not gonna put out another 400 bucks for a cheap piece of plastic again. So I've decided to look for a strong, durable bumper.

I do not do any extreme offloading. Ill drive through a nice dirt trail and i hope to one day do some pretty good mudding and maybe desert driving, but hardcore rock crawling is not on the agenda for my Daily Driver jeep. My price cap is around 700, 800 dollars, the so 1200 dollar ARB bumper is out. I do not plan on getting a winch because it is 300 dollars i don't have to spend. I'd prefer to stay away from a bull bar but it doesn't really matter to me.

I HATE STUBBY BUMPERS.

The bumper i want is mostly cosmetic, but I want something of good quality. Im not asking for your guys opinion on how it looks, I'm looking to see which bumper is the best quality for the right price from your experience.

Some of the ones i really like so far are the
1. Warn Elite Full Width bumper
2. LoD Mid-Width or Full-Width bumper
3. JCR Mid-Width full sunk bumper
4. SmittyBuilt XRC Full-Width bumper
5. Expedition 1 Full-width bumper (I can't find a price for it on the website)

Your opinions are highly valued, thanks guys!:punk:

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Go with the jcr, I ordered myself the stubby stinger(I know you don't like stubby) an all I can say it is a well built an good lookin bumper an I got it for very reasonable price 584 for the bumper, skid plate, an drings plus 90 for shipping an these bumpers are light weight mine is 65 without the skid an around 75-80 with it

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
I guess we are no help Cam lol

I really like the RC hybrid.
Haha I still gave him a bit of info :p even though I got a stubby I told him to go jcr they have some nice bumpers, I'm gettin my rear bumper from them once I have money for it

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im quite a fan of the Warn, my only qualm is i hear it doesn't have a winch delete feature, so i wonder if that is going to look ridiculous if i install it without a winch

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
I know there are may threads about this, but every case is different. This is the second stock bumper I've gone through from someone hitting me when i wasn't around and I'm not gonna put out another 400 bucks for a cheap piece of plastic again. So I've decided to look for a strong, durable bumper.

I do not do any extreme offloading. Ill drive through a nice dirt trail and i hope to one day do some pretty good mudding and maybe desert driving, but hardcore rock crawling is not on the agenda for my Daily Driver jeep. My price cap is around 700, 800 dollars, the so 1200 dollar ARB bumper is out. I do not plan on getting a winch because it is 300 dollars i don't have to spend. I'd prefer to stay away from a bull bar but it doesn't really matter to me.

I HATE STUBBY BUMPERS.

The bumper i want is mostly cosmetic, but I want something of good quality. Im not asking for your guys opinion on how it looks, I'm looking to see which bumper is the best quality for the right price from your experience.

Some of the ones i really like so far are the
1. Warn Elite Full Width bumper
2. LoD Mid-Width or Full-Width bumper
3. JCR Mid-Width full sunk bumper
4. SmittyBuilt XRC Full-Width bumper
5. Expedition 1 Full-width bumper (I can't find a price for it on the website)

Your opinions are highly valued, thanks guys!:punk:
Get the rampage recovery bumper. Full width and looks great with OEM fenders. Can drive through a building, the thing is a tank. Very reasonably priced. Great fit without the need to move the vacuum pump.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts