Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This feels like a $20-30 purchase -but I don't want some POS. So what's a good one?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Oem Mopar.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried to cheap out with a knockoff from Amazon first...it didn't fit well and was quite loose. Currently using real MOPAR one (which is expensive I'll admit) and happy with it.

I spend a lot of money "saving money" :whacky:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I have the OEM fuel door, open and closes without issues :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pretty sure this is the kind I had first. Didn't work well for me, but from the reviews...some copies must be better than others. I unfortunately got a bad copy.
Not sure which one off amazon it was honestly. Just saw "genuine Mopar" or whatever, which probably means "genuine Chinese.." For $20 it's worth the risk. Got it about eight months ago. So far so good. Fits fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure which one off amazon it was honestly. Just saw "genuine Mopar" or whatever, which probably means "genuine Chinese.." For $20 it's worth the risk. Got it about eight months ago. So far so good. Fits fine.
Haha. I rolled those dice. I thought the same thing. Lost my $20 😂😂

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well that's worth it. Thanks.
After looking this up I only found the locking fuel door for this price. Not the powder coated one. It's $90
Wow....that sucks. I just looked and the one it said I bought on June 25th 2016 is now $92. I viewed my order and I paid $18.60. Bummer......

·
Registered
204 Posts
Genuine Mopar. Got a good price on Amazon from a reputable dealer but it was for a 2 door and not my JKU. Ended up going to the local dealer because it was all apart before i figured it out. Got my money back for the 2 door version after the return. You gotta do what you gotta do to get things back together. On the plus side, it still looks and fits great.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
OEM Mopar. Ridiculously expensive but too many poor reviews of other brands scared me off buying anything else. I like everything about it except the chrome plated screws. One of these days, I'm going to take them off and paint them black. Maybe this weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,351 Posts
What came on my Jeep. No issues so far.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a knockoff $20 mopar door, it looked awful after less than 6 months. Replaced it with an amp fuel door, fitment is better and it still looks like new.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts