Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to lengthen my fog light wiring for a bumper install, and I can't find what gage of wire to use. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I need to lengthen my fog light wiring for a bumper install, and I can't find what gage of wire to use. Any ideas?
Not sure how much slack you need, but if you check out the aev front bumper install it shows you how to gain several inches in the wiring, without splicing in any wire. You have to carefully cut the harness wrapping in the front and then re-tape and add some spiral wrap. If I remember correctly it was a video on their site or youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUvfFZJdhI

1:50 in is where they modify the harness

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how much slack you need, but if you check out the aev front bumper install it shows you how to gain several inches in the wiring, without splicing in any wire. You have to carefully cut the harness wrapping in the front and then re-tape and add some spiral wrap. If I remember correctly it was a video on their site or youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUvfFZJdhI 1:50 in is where they modify the harness
Thanks for the video. I'm all about not molesting my Jeep if I don't have too. That looked easy and makes more sense than cutting and splicing wires.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Thanks for the video. I'm all about not molesting my Jeep if I don't have too. That looked easy and makes more sense than cutting and splicing wires.
Just go slow with unwrapping and cutting the factory tape/wrap, it can be easy to cut a wire. The wire can be looped in the crotch. You will see once you get started.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just go slow with unwrapping and cutting the factory tape/wrap, it can be easy to cut a wire. The wire can be looped in the crotch. You will see once you get started.
I just finished installing the bumper and installing the fog lights. It worked out perfectly. Once unwrapped I was able to get enough wire to attach to the fog light locations.

Thanks again......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts