Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok so i got a 6'' lift from rough country, installed, got a sye installed. testdrive-terrible. terrible vibration, drive shaft makes a raquet. and the jeep has a right rear gangster lean. im pretty good with tools and i have never really met a job under a hood i couldn't do, but i don't know where i f%$#ed up on this one, oh yea and i got my first taste of death wobble as well. what the f&%$, death wobble is a good name for it. any ideas.

·
Really?
6,455 Posts
Just a few thoughts. Even with a SYE on a 6" lift you may need a motor mount lift to solve some of those extreme drive train angles.

As for the lean... Did you tighten up the springs before you set it on the ground? If you do, you'll have a rougher ride and an uneven stance.

If you did tighten before you set it down, jack it up, loosen the bolts in the spring perches, set it down and tighten it all back up. Also, if you used the track bar on the back, ditch it.

As for the wobble, did you drill the hole for the front track bar mount on the front axle? If not, the bracket will lever back and forth and cause a great deal of sway.

·
Registered
486 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts