Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might happen sometime, something go flying out of my Jeep when I have the doors off. Too bad it was my iPhone. Made a left turn and it flew out the passenger side. I watched it get run over 4 times before I could get to it!

It still works, but the front screen is toast...
image-2016846945.jpg

What have you had fly out?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Damn. That's a photo lifted straight from my nightmares.

I run rock doors. Body Armor. There's mesh in em, kinda similar to my Safari Straps. Thought it might prevent such mishaps, but...

Lost a $500 macro lens in May. Luckily, it flew out on my street. A neighbor found it, and gave it back to me. A little dinged up, but the glass was still good. Pro lens. Tough. Two days later another neighbor knocked on my door and handed me the lens cap. Sweet.

At that point, I bought a couple of bungee nets...the kind you run on the back of rice rockets. Cinched one around my front passenger seat. Problem solved, right?

Last month I went to the grocery store and bought some stuff. One heavy bag w/milk, oj, etc. And a plastic bag with plums and strawberries and whatnot in it. Parked in the garage, hauled it out. Heavy stuff, yes. Fruit? Gone. Don't know where it went, but I still wonder if somebody behind me watched a plastic grocery bag fly outta my passenger side and thought I was a heathen litterbug...

Maybe a homeless dude got a snack.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
my 6 month old daughter----i could have sworn i buckeled her in --oh well she was just fine ,,only a couple of scrapes and 2 stitches..

·
Registered
8 Posts
My hat started to fly off so I flung my hand up to grab it and knocked my garage door opener off my visor. Luckly I found it in the side ditch after only a couple min looking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
my 6 month old daughter----i could have sworn i buckeled her in --oh well she was just fine ,,only a couple of scrapes and 2 stitches..

You should get the net that KB has, it appears to have the strength to hold the heavier stuff. :rofl:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow I think I'll keep my camera and lenses in the back from now on... As for the kids I think I'll be double checking their belts for a while now after hearing that story, Now I'm kinda glad it was just my iPhone.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i was just kidding--about the daughter thing---

the only thing i have had fly out was an old feed sack,,,,and yes i went back and picked it up.../.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Usually leaves and auto part store receipts here and there. One time lost a gallon of milk I had sitting on the passenger seat around a turn. That sucked.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you wear dress shirts, don't put money in your shirt pocket. It is pretty entertaining however, the bills lift out of your pocket and levitate for a moment so you can grab at them like a cheap game show. Then they fly away. Of course for me it happened twice on a divided highway, I finally learned the lesson.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had a phone fly out similar to OP ... went crashing along the shoulder but I had a quality case on it, no real damage except some dirt. I also lost 2 hats (passengers never learn), and a pair of shades. I keep nothing in my Jeep really so I don't worry about it. Garage door opener would be annoying I guess but whatever, if it goes, I'll find it.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Only thing I've had fly out was my sunglasses, went off the dash out of the passenger door, In the pouring rain of course.

I did set my phone down on the hood 1 day when I was rotating the tires... I found in about 2 miles up the road luckily the case took the brunt of the punishment

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've had all the obligatory stuff(hat, sunglasses, etc) fly out of my jeep, but the most memorable was a bag of Fries from Five Guys.... I was soooo bummed!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My cell phone slide across the dash out the passenger side across the street and finish sliding into a gas station on a turn. Luckily only a couple scratches on the back side.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Receipts
Paper bags
Plastic bags
Paper
A couple packs of smokes (finally learned not to keep them on top of the dash)

Like someone else said about money, the smoke pack did a hover move before flying out and of course i tried to grab them... i probably looked pretty comical haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
This didn't happen to me, but I watched a dog (unleashed) practically fly out as the JK while wrecklessly speeding thru a right turn at an intersection. The passenger got out of the jeep and the dog got up but took one step and stopped moving. and was limping. She grabbed the dog and petted it's wounded right thigh and made the dog walk on it's own. All I could do was yell at her to tell her not to walk the dog. The dog showed signs of pain with a gimp. What can you do. :banghead:

Dan

Luckily for me (knock on wood), nothing yet...Crap, I just jinx myself, huh!!?:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Back in the day my girls virginity flew right out of my Jeep! :flowers:

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
My dog

1 - 20 of 42 Posts