Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 41797 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I fabricated a new piece that snap onto the back bar of my soft top so that I can open the rear window, roll it up, and secure it in place. Since I do a lot of canvas work for my boat I had the stuff in hand and just ended up using velcro for the attachment and then put a snap into it to put it onto the frame of the soft top. I also sewed a box X into the velcro at the attachment point to keep the velcro together in the area that the snap is in. Total cost of the fabrication....$0...I had it all in hand! LOL

Drove to work with the top up and the AC on...It was over 100 degrees here in Eastern VA. BLAH!

This is the first day in a week that I have had the top up. Driving home from work in the morn is nice with the top down though!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I work a 12 hour shift from 6 to 6. I rotate every two weeks from days to nights. On nights driving in to be in at 6 sucks because it is HOT. Going home is nice. On days it is nice to drive in to be in at 6am but sucks driving home after 6pm.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Installed my new Kenwood stereo from Crutchfield. Talk about easy. Now I am looking for a place to put some subs and my amp.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Thanks. I have never seen them either, but I have heard that they do not make them anymore even as a dealer item. It was an option on the Sahara package and the original owner got both tops. They both are in like new condition so I have a long time until they will need replaced.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks. I just found this Thread on the reusable gaskets. I must check with the Jeep Dealer here to see if they carry one for the rear differential. Space is a bit tight back there.

You can NOT get the Lube Lockers from the dealer... they will give you a B.S. story about them and using them, that's why a stated about getting them from 4wd.com

Chris

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You can NOT get the Lube Lockers from the dealer... they will give you a B.S. story about them and using them, that's why a stated about getting them from 4wd.com

Chris
Thanks Chris. I will ask here anyway as I know the parts Guys, in fact I get their "trade price" (the price they sell to other shops for).

There is a repair shop nearby which specializes in Jeeps, I will ask them as well.

I have gotten things from 4WD, JC Whitney and Quadratec before, but customs duties and shipping cost throws the price out of whack, compared to buying locally, unless it's a big order.

For now I'm okay as I pumped the old fluid out of the rear differential and changed it yesterday.

·
Registered
97 Posts
argg.........just replaced the seal / bearing in my left rear D 44. For the second time...first one leaked bout as bad as the one I was replacin....cross your fingers
Also adjusted my shifter so it wont pop out of 4lo...been doin that ever since I put on my lift

·
Registered
531 Posts
Bought some herculiner today to do the inside of my jeep. Drove around running errands all day and SWEAT about 13 pounds off!!!!! Damn it's hot out.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Not for my TJ, but a friends LJ.... I worked all day on these....:)

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Thanks Gus, they're kickin my butt.... :banghead: 03-06's seats are waaaaaay more complicated than 97-02's.... :) I've had this one here since Tuesday, and that's as far as I've gotten.... :(

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Nice touch, classy. Your friend should be very happy. What's the difficulty with the newer seats?

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Lots more pieces to put together in a way that challenges my little pickled pea brain...:rofl: But thank goodness I love a challenge! I hope he loves them... :) And thank you for your kind words, to Gus and you Tjeepman! :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well i bought some 4 1/4 planet audio component speakers for up front and MB quart 6x9 to go in the back

Reactions: Hopper46

·
Registered
449 Posts
Removing Tcase drop from PO since I have a MML now, it shouldnt be needed. Of course this also involves replacing some of the old rivet nuts (nutserts) that are spinning in place. Going pretty smoothly so far (knock on wood). Will update when finished.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I washed my Jeep, cleaned the inside, put the top back down, and ordered a few new goodies from 4wd.com and Quadratec. :)

21 - 40 of 41797 Posts