Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41281 - 41300 of 41339 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Seems I'm adding something new every day lately. Latest was the billet grab bars, but I have some parts waiting on me that just came in today.
Went with the Motobilt Bumper and Gear America shackles. Got my billet stubby antenna on too.
IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

·
Registered
39 Posts
Purchased my first TJ today!
Congrats.
I don't want to sound like the inquisition but, would you mind answering some questions I have?
Would you share which year and trim?
4.0L 6 cyl or 2.5 4 cyl?
Manual/Auto trans?
Is condition; low mileage garage kept, good, poor but road worthy, total project?
Would you post photos?
What is your planned use; trailer queen total off road rig, weekend trail rig, daily driver?

You joined our forum over two years ago. Did you have a different Wrangler before this TJ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats.
I don't want to sound like the inquisition but, would you mind answering some questions I have?
Would you share which year and trim?
4.0L 6 cyl or 2.5 4 cyl?
Manual/Auto trans?
Is condition; low mileage garage kept, good, poor but road worthy, total project?
Would you post photos?
What is your planned use; trailer queen total off road rig, weekend trail rig, daily driver?

You joined our forum over two years ago. Did you have a different Wrangler before this TJ?
2000 Sport 4.0 6 cyl Manual 130,000
Originally from Texas/minimal rust
She’ll be my daily for now.

I originally joined to get some ideas to help my buddy mod his 2001 SE
10DB0452-46D1-4DAD-A206-C1E06AC65867.jpeg

·
Registered
376 Posts
Replace rear wheel studs after replacing brake drums. Apparently, the 1999 TJ changed mid-year to a different drum that required a longer wheel stud.
Also replaced valve stems. I had my tires mounted a Walmart a couple years ago and the tires came back with very long valve stems inserted. Sure enough, on the Rubicon trail, one of the valve stems got pinched off by a rock. So I replace all with 1.25" shorty stems. Used the AME tire stem replacement tool. The package advertises you can replace a valve stem in 10 seconds. It took me about an hour to replace the first one, 30 minutes for the second, and about 5 minutes each after that.

t

·
Registered
206 Posts
Put the interior carpet and console back in after having them removed for over a year. Having to replace the heater core is a serious pain. Good to have that job out of the way.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Replaced the Foggy rear Window with a new clear one. I can See!
Looks fresh!
I got used to my foggy window. I've always relied on side mirrors anyway.
Being a perpetual optimist (like that will ever happen!), I like to think of it as a "bonus" feature with at least one positive benefit... No glare from headlights behind me at night!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks fresh!
I got used to my foggy window. I've always relied on side mirrors anyway.
Being a perpetual optimist (like that will ever happen!), I like to think of it as a "bonus" feature with at least one positive benefit... No glare from headlights behind me at night!
You are 100% correct 👍I primary use the sides but looking out back is cool.

·
Registered
628 Posts
When will you get another TJ?

Can be new habits.
Naw, I think I'm done. We'll see how the job interview goes tomorrow so I won't say never, but after selling my built LJ, I don't think I can go back to a TJ.

·
Registered
459 Posts
2000 Sport 4.0 6 cyl Manual 130,000
Originally from Texas/minimal rust
She’ll be my daily for now.

I originally joined to get some ideas to help my buddy mod his 2001 SE
View attachment 4425739
Every time I see a light colored Jeep with black hinges and hinge plates it makes me want to paint mine too, just looks so good. Think that's a near project in the coming weekends.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Found this to be easier on my back when changing tires.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Found this to be easier on my back when changing tires.
That is a good example of work smarter, not harder! The same method may not be an option for the fronts, unless strapping over the hood to something on the other side. But for the backs on yours, that works! I found using a shovel under the tire and a piece of wood or a brick behind it as a fulcrum lets me lift the wheels in place myself pretty easily. I am sure there are many tricks. What works is all that matters in the end. Thanks for sharing the post. Stay healthy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
changed my valve cover for the first time. Had a couple lessons learned too, haha! First I put the plastic bolt seals on the wrong side! Doh, I turned it on and oil was pouring out. Took it back apart and put them on correctly and when torquing down the bolts I snapped one. Had to take it apart again and luckily was able to use vice grips to get it out. As they say third times the charm I put everything back corrrectly this time and made sure to no over tighten the bolts and no leaks so far!

41281 - 41300 of 41339 Posts