Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41301 - 41320 of 41348 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mounted new to me rims and tires. These came from a 2014 JKU Rubicon. The wheels had some road rash but still look good. I had to buy adaptors so will need to pop the tires off next weekend to double check they stayed torqued. I tested the spare but my spacer for the permanent install won’t be here until wednesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mounted new to me rims and tires. These came from a 2014 JKU Rubicon. The wheels had some road rash but still look good. I had to buy adaptors so will need to pop the tires off next weekend to double check they stayed torqued. I tested the spare but my spacer for the permanent install won’t be here until wednesday.
How is everyone's paint looking so good? Mine looks awful compared to most of yall. While the PO rattle canned it and I don't think did any prep work, it's still almost down to metal in some spots, especially the hood.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Today I mounted the CB radio to the top, underside of the roll cage. Where is was before would dig I to my leg on bumpy roads.
Took my suspension disconnects apart and cleaned and tightened everything.
Re- conditioned all the plastic and fenders and re-painted my windshield mounted spot lights.
Starting to look really good!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I used Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint that I picked up at O'Reilly's Auto Parts for $7 a can. Took me 4.5 cans and looks fantastic. I found several posts on these forums and around the internet from people who had done it before me and everyone agreed that it holds up in bad weather. So I gave it a try. The paint is more of a dye so it soaks in quickly and dries fast. I was shocked at how well it looked after I sprayed it. You can't even tell that the fabric was gray before and it doesn't feel stiff. Only drawback so far is the smell, which seems to be fading quickly. Here's a link to the paint:

Vinyl & Fabric Coating – Duplicolor
Do you think this would work/hold up on a soft top?

·
Registered
74 Posts
How is everyone's paint looking so good? Mine looks awful compared to most of yall. While the PO rattle canned it and I don't think did any prep work, it's still almost down to metal in some spots, especially the hood.
Mine has been garaged stored it’s whole life. There are a lot of little Rock chips on it. That is one of the reasons I painted the grill.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Replaced my squeaky wheel hubs and a destroyed axle ujoint. First time tackling this, so had to make a few tool trips and drink a lot of cool-down beers, but I got it done. Really wish I did both axle ujoints now though....it felt fine, but I had the part and everything apart anyways...Maybe i'll do that this week since it'll be faster and the bolts aren't rusted on...just for piece of mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
you know if one side it bad, the other is likely not good either, since the u-joints are relatively inexpensive, just do it for peace of mind...
Replaced my squeaky wheel hubs and a destroyed axle ujoint. First time tackling this, so had to make a few tool trips and drink a lot of cool-down beers, but I got it done. Really wish I did both axle ujoints now though....it felt fine, but I had the part and everything apart anyways...Maybe i'll do that this week since it'll be faster and the bolts aren't rusted on...just for piece of mind.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
you know if one side it bad, the other is likely not good either, since the u-joints are relatively inexpensive, just do it for peace of mind...
Yeah...idk why I didn't just do both yesterday. I planned on it, but the first one I took out didn't feel that bad so I thought I wouldn't need to do either. Then I got to the other side and it was obviously worn out. Shoot, oh well, should be a lot faster this go around.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,381 Posts
Not just yesterday, but for the last couple of months, I've been swapping all the good parts from my old red cancer-ridden TJ, over to my old cancer-free TJ. Still have a lot left to do, but it's closer. The next round of swapping will be the axles, gas tank skid and suspension bits (and the license plates, but have to wait till COVID-19 is done for that), and also a JB Conversions SYE and new drive shaft.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Finally replaced my worn out 34t speedometer gear with a 39t....for the first time ever, my jeep's speedometer is spot on! I don't know why it took me years to do this, literally took 10 minutes.. My old one was damaged and my speedometer would jump all over the place, I just got used to driving with a feeling of how fast I was going.

Attachments

41301 - 41320 of 41348 Posts