Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41741 - 41760 of 41761 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did a 'Grill Forward' refurb. Pulled the bumper, steering box plate, winch plate, and bushing caps. Cleaned/scuffed/painted them. Replaced the swaybar bushings and all the mismatched/missing bolts. Changed the main mounting bolts to buttonhead allens to match the existing bolts on the bumper. Looking to clean up the winch next, if I can source some decals.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Started to remove the hinges so I can install the Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit. 2003 and earlier have the torx bits on the hinges so it’s not as easy. I was able to remove the top hinge, but I think I stripped the two on the bottom left. Once I have the hinges off it will be a breeze :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Started to remove the hinges so I can install the Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit. 2003 and earlier have the torx bits on the hinges so it’s not as easy. I was able to remove the top hinge, but I think I stripped the two on the bottom left. Once I have the hinges off it will be a breeze :) View attachment 4491736 View attachment 4491737
What's your plan on the bottom of you've stripped them?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
What's your plan on the bottom of you've stripped them?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I watched a video where they cut a slot and used a standard screwdriver bit on a ratchet. I want to try that first. Then would try a screw extractor, if that fails drill it out and retap the bolt. I am going to have to go to my friends shop to do this since I don’t have a Dremel or angle grinder. I also want someone with experience to help.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Started to remove the hinges so I can install the Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit. 2003 and earlier have the torx bits on the hinges so it’s not as easy. I was able to remove the top hinge, but I think I stripped the two on the bottom left. Once I have the hinges off it will be a breeze :)
Put a torch on the heads and heat those puppies up good!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 1/2 used paper towels finish life on the bungee which holds sun/safety glasses and 4 packs of smokes without loosing a thing no matter how rough the trail. The visors finally work for something!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Put a torch on the heads and heat those puppies up good!
Finished the Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement install. Went to my friends house, he welded a nut to the two bottom torx bolts I stripped out. i put torches on all of the others myself but stripped these two. I am happy with the install. I wish I would have take a photo before I put the spare on. i knew there was no paint behind the hinges so I made sure to paint the bar metal before putting the plate on.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Wow, I think I forgot to follow up..........

Sold the '01 TJ last week. Got $110 more than I paid for it 5 years, and 46,000 miles ago.
Sold the Roof Rack for $160 - paid $140 for it.
Kept all the towing stuff: braking, lights, plates.
It was good to me, I'll miss it, but not for long.

Just ordered a new 2021 JLUR Rubicon 3.0L Diesel in Hydro Blue Clear Coat.
Loaded it up with all the goodies.
4-6 weeks out.
CAN'T WAIT!

(Guess I'll be changing forums)

This is one "almost" exactly like the one I ordered:
21 Hydro Blue Rubi.jpg

·
Registered
490 Posts
What's a JKLUR ?

Congrats, fancy jeep time..hope you don't have too many electrical problems in the future :)
So I fixed that. Fat fingers strike again!

Reactions: XBD

·
Registered
147 Posts
Think I finally fixed my weird idle P050 check engine light, found my wiring harness had rubbed through a wire on the aircon tube....found it thanks to the tj technical forum. Also put a switch in so I can turn the 50" light bar off (had it wired just to run on my high beams ....thinking if your going to high beam someone you may as well give them welders flash but now in my old age I have mellowed ) ......I am pretty pumped about that rubbed wire....this fault has been plaguing me for a couple years ...came and went just a real jerk of a fault

·
Registered
379 Posts

Parked the Jeep in the new garage for the first time.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Parked the Jeep in the new garage for the first time.
A flat surface to work on and out of the elements? A foreign concept to me, that I can only dream about! Happy for you. Jealous as hell, but happy for you. Looks like it will be awesome set-up!!

41741 - 41760 of 41761 Posts