Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41801 - 41812 of 41812 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I was wondering why you decided to do that lol. Then I read what happened. I got lucky as I thought the bolts would be on there pretty good but i soaked them in pb blaster for the whole week prior and made getting them off a breeze.

but I’ve cut my fair share of rusted bolt off with my angle grinder
I had to get to work the next day and really didn't even have time to cut them out to replace. So, after breaking two, I decided to leave the rest in and tackle it from the top...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had to get to work the next day and really didn't even have time to cut them out to replace. So, after breaking two, I decided to leave the rest in and tackle it from the top...
Ha that happened one time when I refreshing my cooling system on a Sunday afternoon. I cracked the thermostat housing and all the local shops didn’t have any in stock and couldn’t get one till the next day.

since then i start projects Friday night or Saturday just incase something goes wrong and i can finish it on Sunday.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Finally got rid of the mismatched, 10 year+ old hard-as-brass tires on the '99, and with the help of the Discount Tire rep here on the forum, arranged the purchase of five brand spankin' new Milestar Patagonias. Since I only drive this vehicle about 2500 miles a year I was hesitant to buy a super-expensive set of tires that will probably get hard long before they wear out. I have to say I'm impressed with these so far - VERY quiet for M/Ts, and a very nice ride with good wet traction on pavement.

View attachment 4508201 View attachment 4508202
I now have a year on my Patagonia M/T's and still couldn't be happier with them. A great tire for the money.

·
Registered
2004 Jeep Wrangler Columbia Edition
20 Posts
Big weekend for me. First time changing oil, fixed driver side door handle that stopped working earlier last week and made paracord handles/door stops.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I replaced the ignition actuator and the ignition switch. The new Dorman ignition switch was DOA, so I had to do it again using the original iginition switch for now. New actuator was perfect though and fixed my starting issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wired in the rock lights, pods, DRLs (V in the center of the headlights) into a switch panel, LED front smoked turns (including resitors) as well as the "Halo" ring on the headlights into the turns for better visibility.
Replaced the hood latches
Installed the grille screens
Polished up the plastic windows
Painted it the week before.
This weekend will be JKS SB end links, a good bath.
Once that's done I'll be wiring up the harness on the motorcycle my son and I have been rebuilding for a year (almost ready to fire up!), then on to welding in cab corners on a 54 Chevy truck..so busy, always!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
what motorcycle is being rewired.. wish I was your neighbor :)

Wired in the rock lights, pods, DRLs (V in the center of the headlights) into a switch panel, LED front smoked turns (including resitors) as well as the "Halo" ring on the headlights into the turns for better visibility.
Replaced the hood latches
Installed the grille screens
Polished up the plastic windows
Painted it the week before.
This weekend will be JKS SB end links, a good bath.
Once that's done I'll be wiring up the harness on the motorcycle my son and I have been rebuilding for a year (almost ready to fire up!), then on to welding in cab corners on a 54 Chevy truck..so busy, always!

View attachment 4513748

·
Registered
7 Posts
what motorcycle is being rewired.. wish I was your neighbor :)
It's a 90's model Suzuki VS750. We bobbed the rear fender, completely stripped it, I painted the frame and all the parts, began reassembly. I bought it years ago in boxes and it sat in the corner.
He said he would love to have it and fix it up, so I gave it to him and told him I'd help him get it going and do all the paint work if he did the disassembly and mechanicals.

41801 - 41812 of 41812 Posts