Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 41814 Posts

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Those look great Linda! :appl: Did you give your friend your Jeep while you have his/hers? ;)
Thanks AS, nope, he has a truck to drive to work, so he just left me his Jeep for however long I need it... :) Gotta love former neighbors! :D

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Changec my thermostat back to the 180.... firesuit on!!

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
I installed my Flowmaster 50 delta muffler and greased the front drive shaft. I like the sound of the 50, but next time I may go for a 40. My last Jeep, XJ, had a Borla header into a Flowmaster 50 and it sounded louder.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Cool! :punk: Aren't great neighbors the best? I bet you'll forget to pull those nice matching seatcovers off once you get your pattern done too. ;)
Actually he's such a good guy that he paid me to take his Jeep away from him and forget to remove the new seat covers! :) He joined here a week or two ago, name's Bruce... Haven't seen any posts from him yet tho'!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm trying like the hell to remove my dana 35 by myself! Hardest part so far is removing the stupid emergency cable clips holding it to the body.

·
Registered
134 Posts
1. I installed a Yakima "SpareTime" bike carrier on my spare tire.
2. Touched up my line-x'd steel wheels
3. Purchased material to build a 'saddle' to mount over my passenger side 1/2 to allow my dog to hang his head out the window and 'surf' without risk of falling out. Not sure if my concept is going to work so this will be interesting.
4. Attempted to install s/s lug nuts on all of my wheels but the tire shop ran the old ones on so tight I couldn't budge them - even with all of my 225 (or more) pounds of weight on a 4-way tire tool. Why do those guys do that???

·
Registered
61 Posts
1 Finished up the installation of KC Slimlites on windshield hinge mounts
2 Tinted rear glass on hard top (sides already done)

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Installed my new Hella 500 Driving Lights today...pics will show up on here eventually I'm sure. Awaiting the arrival of my SpiderWeb SW1 shade as well...hopefully it'll arrive Monday!

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Did everyone forget about the "what did you do to your jeep today" thread. :rofl:
We were sick of seeing all the JK owners putting down, "Cruised around with the top and doors on during this absolutely BEAUTIFUL day, wondering who all those idiots in Jeeps are that keep waving at us...":flipoff:

...so this one is more TJ specific;)

Reactions: MossJeep

·
Registered
196 Posts
- Stripped, sanded, primed, painted my windshield mirror brackets (much better!)
- Ordered Monstaliner kit
- Won eBay bid for replacement dash vent
- Called to check on my soft top order......delivery still three weeks away. :(

Rich

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Changed the oil and filter for my Jeep. Checked/greased 7 front end fittings, sprayed Rust Check around the front end area.
- oil used was Valvoline conventional 10W-30.
- filter used was a Fram Tough Guard 16 with silicon (orange) anti-drainback valve, 99% dirt trapping efficiency, and 7500 miles change interval rating.
- mileage on the old oil was 7090 kms (4400 miles).
I will be spraying Rust Check in any openings between panel below the front fender and the front fender itself later this week. This a rust prone area. Rust Check comes in an aerosol spray. It stays wet, doesn't harden.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Changed the oil and filter for my Jeep. Checked/greased 7 front end fittings, sprayed Rust Check around the front end area.
- oil used was Valvoline conventional 10W-30.
- filter used was a Fram Tough Guard 16 with silicon (orange) anti-drainback valve, 99% dirt trapping efficiency, and 7500 miles change interval rating.
- mileage on the old oil was 7090 kms (4400 miles).
I will be spraying Rust Check in any openings between panel below the front fender and the front fender itself later this week. This a rust prone area.
I forgot to include this oil filter removal/installation TIP to the above Post, so here goes, for those that don't already know:
- rather than propping the hood up with the hood prop rod, lay the hood back against the header above the windshield. If afraid of contact / scratching, lay a towel over the header so the hood can rest against the towel. This will provide much better access to the oil filter and rear of the engine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I moved my mirrors from the doors to the windshield frame with some cool brackets I got with my new Kargo Master Safari rack (used, but new to me!) that I found on Craigslist..... Now if only I could figure out how to get my damn doors off (they are stuck).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Washed

I washed both the TJ and JK and cleaned the inside of the JK. Almost the weekend and time to get the TJ dirty again.

41 - 60 of 41814 Posts