Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 41814 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I changed my rusted out oil pan after pulling into the garage 2 days ago and a hour later there was a oil puddle about two quarts, Upon a heart beating out of my chest inspection it was several rusty pin hole in the pan. Mid week I plan on changing the front axle joints before the weather gets really bad wish me luck.

·
Registered
413 Posts
What product did you use? I have an 8 gallon compressor and rustproofing sprayer kit (gun, wands, etc). I sprayed the inside of the frame, other boxed in areas, along the perimeter of the underside, up in back of the tail lights, and in the doors last week. I still have to spray the brake lines and some other areas I didn't cover. I used Rust Check - Coat and Protect which is the most reputable product in this neck of the road salt area.
Not sure. Had my exhaust replaced a few weeks ago and the guy at a shop owed me a favor. Wasn't expecting that but he offered so I graciously accepted. Scraped and cleaned the entire underbody and sparayed and brushed it on.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Started to remove my entire dash, both doors, and console to paint.....

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Today I cleaned up some wiring. I mounted my iphone (which is now my ipod) to my dash awhile ago but had wires all over the place. It was always plugged into the cigarette lighter in plain view. The battery is just about crapped out (gets about 15 to 20 minutes of play before it dies) so I need a constant power source. To make it work I had to plug the Aux wire into the power plug and then into the radio. A separete line goes form the plug to the iphone.

I bought a fuse adapter and installed it on the fuse panel. I hooked it up to the rear defogger. I don't have a hardtop so i have no use for the circuit. The curcuit gets cut off when the key is out so it will not drain my battery if left on.

I hooked the ground up to a gounded bolt under the dash. Its up and to the left of the fuse panel.

I then connected everything and tucked it up under the dash behind the glove box.

I ran all the wires behind the dash so they are out of site. The power is behind the glove box. The aux line runs from the plug itself, behind the dash and into the ash tray. I open it up and can plug it into my radio. The line to the iphone is to the left of the fog light/ rear defog / rear wiper switches and tucks in between the radio bezel and dash.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I cut out part of the rear of the roll cage so I can fit a single PRP racing seat back there between the king shocks that come through the floor.The littlest kid's so excited to have her own spot back there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Added a XM radio

I added an XM radio( I know I know not a real jeep mod but I figured I would post anyways)
Bought it on sale off CL. score!!:punk:

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I removed the pinstriping that was on there since I bought in 2000, washed it for the first time in about 10 years, and cleaned my rims for the first time in about a year.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I removed the pinstriping that was on there since I bought in 2000, washed it for the first time in about 10 years, and cleaned my rims for the first time in about a year.
Bet it rides better, is quieter and has more power after that work. Something psychological happens after a vehicle is recently cleaned up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Drove 500 miles to get some hard doors for it on saturday --- too pooped to do anything sunday, so this morning, i drive the new doors to the paint shop and dropped them off.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bet it rides better, is quieter and has more power after that work. Something psychological happens after a vehicle is recently cleaned up.

^X 2 on that! What is it about that strange phenomenon, i've noticed the same thing with all of my rides...??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought a new to me 97 TJ on Sunday. Today I went outside a few times to stare at it. Put up an ad for rear seat belts, and off to SOS to register and get a plate for it tomorrow.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Lets see while I was home on R/R in October,

1. Put new pads and rotors on it.
2. Put in a new all metal radiator, and replaced all the hoses
3. Cleaned the fuel system and IAC,
4. Changed the plugs
5. Replaced cracked emissions lines and installed new rubbers and elbows in Valve Cover
6. Oil Change
7. Re-aimed the KC Lites and installed a new bulb.

·
Registered
401 Posts
rotated the tires and ordered a bunch of stuff as a nice x-mas gift to myself:

Body armor quad hoop front bumper
hella driving lights
windshield light mounts

More things to come.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Today i changed all my spark plugs.
Here's a pic of the old NGK plugs....still good condition but i swapped them out regardless:thumb:

Yesterday i installed a new K&N air filter.

By zdagon52 at 2011-08-21

·
2.5L>4.0L
1,493 Posts
Mine has been in garage all day. Taking it out tonight. Gonna be in the 70s. Oh yes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I actually got to drive it for the first time in a week! :dance:

Just got back from vacation out of state. Took it to pick up the dog at the kennel.

81 - 100 of 41814 Posts