Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Thanks you!!!!:punk::punk::punk:
no prob...if you get finished and don't have the gloss you want then after it cures good you can usually buff it out and get the shine or scuff it with a white scotchbrite and shoot some more clear..I just used a cheap clear on this one but a clear with high solids will give you a more wet look..ask your paint supplier and he will know what I am talking about..a high solids clear will usually be a 2-1 mix with the activator where a cheaper clear like I used here is a 4-1 mix

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Now your just being mean... Stop it already... We get it...
In all seriousness, that is one great Jeep she has and the two of you make as perfect a couple as I can even imagine.
I too am lucky that I have a wife that feeds my Jeep obsession... Congrats on that killer Jeep you have (and hers to) and a great wife!!!
thanks..she is great and we really enjoy life together..she really enjoys helping me build a jeep or a harley .she is a great help too because she listens , watches and remembers.whether we are painting one,changing a water pump or getting out of bed at 2 in the morning to spend all day driving to look at one she is always there and enjoys it as much as I do..yes,I am very lucky

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
^^^^so its your toy.....thats one mean lookin toy!:thumb:
thanks,it is a bad boy..I am not into rock crawling,it is my main everyday ride..handles and performs great on the street..it draws a lot of attention and attracts potential customers but I really need to sell it to finance more projects for us to enjoy building although I doubt that my next everyday ride will be this nice and comfortable

Attachments

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
note on the grill guard..my wife included some pics of her new grill guard but didn't tell you the hell she gave me to get it..she is accustomed to us building one of a kind harley choppers so the new 140 buck grill guard I found her would not do..OH,hell no,it had to be a one of a kind..So,for a week I scratched my head,scratched my butt,looked through all my stuff and thought about her a one of a kind grill guard that would still look factory made instead of home made..I ended up using some pieces that I had cut off of a harley softail frame for the side plates and bolting in tubing that I had capped with nuts welded inside the caps..I ended up with many hours of labor in it rather than buying one for $140 but it is definately a one of a kind and she loves it..bottom line is,when mama is happy me and the dog can be happy...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Attachments

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I love having a wife that is not afraid to do some work and get dirty..she stripped everything out of her jeep and did the painting by herself and is now reinstalling everything..she is using herculiner and I am impressed with its texture and overall appearance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fixed several of the PO projects. Timing chain replacement as well as intake and exhaust manifold replacement. I found that it helps to install the parts with all the intended bolts. The PO had 4 of the 8 bolts holding the intake/exhaust manifold on.Went from sounding like a diesel to a jeep that needs a new a exhaust. But that'll be another weekend project.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Ball Joints!!!! Only finished the rifht side today what a PIA. After all th erust and busting A$# to press out the old and then the new in I was beat. Painted everything and put that side back together. Another war starts Monday Night and I need some serious Motrin and Cold beer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
This week i replaced my rusted windshield frame. Painted it "Crush" orange and installed new glass and all new gaskets. I put in CJ style windshield brackets and mirrors so i'm legal with or without doors.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
oops! Got so excited, i meant finished!!!! Hee hee hee!!
finished ?? oh hell no..man,we put a paint job on that 89 yj like it had just rolled off the showroom floor..then my wife herculined the entire interior..I said,alright,now I have time to build some armored front fenders for my rock crawler and repair all the cancer on the 91 yj I bought from vermont......now my beautiful little wife decides that her new jeep looking paint job is not slick enough..she wants it to shine like the paint jobs I put on choppers that we build....so,as I am writing this she is sanding the gallon of clear that we put on her jeep with 1000 grit so that we can shoot another half gallon of $80 a quart clear like we use on the choppers...she already won't drive it on a dirt road,I guess after this we can just make it a permanent birth in the shop so she can wipe it down everyday and just look at it..oh well,I love her and we have fun............

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Finally drover her to work for the first time. Need to put a few confidence miles on this thing jst to make sure it will noyt break on the way to the trails. Wheelin with the club in November. Still a lot of work to go so is an old YJ ever done????

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Finally replaced the steering shaft that has been sitting on my toolbox for two months. Actually had a little bit of time Thursday so decided to spend some quality time in the garage. Was actually pretty easy to swap out.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
spent the weekend building some armored front fenders that should go good with the poison spyder rear and sides on my rock crawler

21 - 40 of 255 Posts