Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Installed some trail lights on the windshield and added some decals to Ol' Blue.

image-1868803850.jpg

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
yep,2 quarts of high dollar clear that I use on my choppers which when mixed with hardner made 3 quarts on top of the 5 quarts of cheap clear that I initially sprayed on it and it looks like a mirror

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
we started on the underside of our new project 91yj today..my wife helped me drop the gas tank before she started putting all her lights,etc. back on her jeep after the paint job..I rebuilt the rear frame on the 91.while I was up under it I welded on some tabs for tail pipe hangers and built some heavy duty rear bumper mounting brackets with nuts welded on the backside for easy bumper assembly ( if and when I build one )..finished the day off by spraying rust cutter on the entire underside...probably spray it down with rust cutter again in the morning and then do a few things to the gas tank while its drying

Attachments

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
got busy ( and lazy ) yesterday so didn't manage to do anything to the 91 except spray the entire underside with rust cutter again..came back today and sprayed undercoating under the tub and sprayed frame,axles and everything else with satin black

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
went into the gas tank on the 91 today..cleaned the resistor on the float really good..even looked at it through a magnifying glass,looked great but the resistance reading still does not gradually increase and decrease..reads empty,reads full but does not read inbetween accurately in relation to the amount of gas in it..oh well,I will just live with that for now..while I was in the tank I cut the vent line so now it holds 20 gallons..put it back together and reinstalled..running again

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
our 91 project came from vermont so it has some cancer..the sheet metal below the tailgate is mostly rotted away..spent about 3 days spraying it good with rust converter,then took some 1/8 x 4 flat metal,cut it to fit from fender opening to fender opening,notched out for the tailgate,drilled about 90 rivet holes then welded a 1/2 x 1 1/2 piece of flat across the back underside for added strength..primed it front and back and installed..it looks much better than before and is much more heavy duty than new..time to move on to another section of this cancer patient now

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Vaccaro said:
After doing a complete restore I just stay at her for now:)
I really like that stance. What's your spring and tire combo?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
we started on the underside of our new project 91yj today..my wife helped me drop the gas tank before she started putting all her lights,etc. back on her jeep after the paint job..I rebuilt the rear frame on the 91.while I was up under it I welded on some tabs for tail pipe hangers and built some heavy duty rear bumper mounting brackets with nuts welded on the backside for easy bumper assembly ( if and when I build one )..finished the day off by spraying rust cutter on the entire underside...probably spray it down with rust cutter again in the morning and then do a few things to the gas tank while its drying
Yep, all that, he forgot to mention that our Sambo helped...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1995yj

from stock > 2.5" Rubicon Express > 1" shackles with 33's. The tires are a bit stuffed under there, but I have a 1" body lift to do yet and some tj flares.

41 - 60 of 255 Posts