Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

141 - 160 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's been a good week.
1 - bought my first Jeep - '93 YJ, 4.0, Manual...
2 - took the top off
3 - took the doors off
4 - drove it a bunch
5 - got the top hung from the garage ceiling
6 - removed the really nice Kicker subs from the back to make room for ammo can storage solution
7 - removed the ugly fender flare extensions
8 - ordered black diamond plate rocker panel covers, doorless mirrors, and handful of other unnecessary necessities
9 - convinced the wife that this really is the best kind of mid-life crisis

·
Registered
216 Posts
replaced the fuel filter. I think it still had the original. quick, simple and cheap. Can already tell a difference.
What made you want to do that? What was indicating that you should change it and what was the "after"?

·
Registered
216 Posts
it's been a good week.
1 - bought my first jeep - '93 yj, 4.0, manual...
2 - took the top off
3 - took the doors off
4 - drove it a bunch
5 - got the top hung from the garage ceiling
6 - removed the really nice kicker subs from the back to make room for ammo can storage solution
7 - removed the ugly fender flare extensions
8 - ordered black diamond plate rocker panel covers, doorless mirrors, and handful of other unnecessary necessities
9 - convinced the wife that this really is the best kind of mid-life crisis

love #9

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another good Jeep week...
1) lots of wind therapy on my commutes
2) Aquired most of the stuff for my console replacement, locking rear storage, and USB charger extensions - more on that when I get to finish it in a couple weeks.
3) Added an driver's side mirror from Quadratech
4) installed black diamond plate rocker panel covers to hide the holes left behind when the PO removed whatever was there before

Before:

After:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'll be investigating a squeak that developed when I turn right at slow speed. Guess I'll be pulling the wheels and checking potential culprits.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a used set of 33X12.50R 15 Wranglers with about 40% tread left for free. Bought a set of TrailMaster "D" cut out 15X8's Steel wheels in black and had them mounted. Put them on the same day...............OH YA BABY.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I started replacing the brake lines and hoses. Have the rears about 80% complete. Had to use heat on the fittings that go to the wheel cylinders, so I replaced the wheel cylinders as well (only $20 for new cylinders/piece of mind). I just need to run the solid line from the mc to the rear and put in the new axel lines and hose. The hard part is done.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Took it out camping and trailing!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Changed the diff oil front and rear and the transfer case. Am I imagining things or does my YJ now go faster? Maybe its the new (Maryland Flag Jeep stickers I put on)

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
She got a bath on Sunday and new BF Goodrich All-Terrains on Monday- doors off, top coming off soon! Was a good week after having been sidelined for a few months due to rotted tires

·
Registered
15 Posts
To follow last week's post- on Monday she got her new shoes and Sunday her top came off for the 1st or maybe 2nd time since 1990! Looks great, drives even better. I'll post a pic soon, now just need 2" up and she'll be ready for next beach season.

·
Registered
216 Posts
141 - 160 of 255 Posts