Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Got my motor back in

Rebuilt the motor and transmission - transfer case will be next. Had a few issues to overcome getting things to line up as the previous owner put the motor mounts 3/4" too far forward and ripped the transmission mount in half. But, spent a nice slow paced day and got it all in.
Installing new U-joints, then I'll start piecing everything else together.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
That's a very nice looking Jeep! Rode my '70 TR-6C Trophy, punched to 750, from west coast to east, then 3 months later, rode it back. Really miss that bike.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I spent money. Lots 'a money

Spent 4 days rewiring and cleaning up the engine compartment and under the dash from crap hanging everywhere. Had so fricking may wires attached to the battery terminals! Bought a dual post battery which helped a lot. Also installed a terminal block (mounted on the pass fender) which is controlled by a relay, powered up when the key is on. That powers, among other things, LED switches and the new lights I just installed.
Getting all those wires into looms was like shoving a wet noodle up a wildcat's ass!. But it's mostly done, just need another 2' of loom and it's finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Installed Rugged Ridge 6" fender flares.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

As suggested by Lucky Mac, I'm going to do a "how I did it" thread in the build section.
But for now, this is an '89 Islander sitting on 32X11.50 15s with a 2 1/2" lift.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Today I lost turn signals and brake lights. Today I also dug the M*F** packrat nest out of the left tail light assembly. Tomorrow I search for shorted wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts