Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
Jon, did you replace only the master cylinder and not the slave cylinder?
If so, how does it work?
If you got it completely bled, please post how you did it in the YJ tech forum. Those are a bugger to bleed and a write up will help a lot of other posters that have a '87-'93 clutch setup.

Good Luck, L.M.
I replaced just the master cylinder because it was physically leaking at the firewall, and was just hoping that the slave cylinder was ok. Because the slave lines and rubber grommet look relatively newer, I am hoping it IS newer.

I usually take pictures of everything I do, but I figured this has been done a thousand times so just went through it. I have never bled a clutch before so maybe I got lucky?

Now that I feel pressure for a writeup, lol, I will run it this week and see if it feels like it is correct.

And I planned to check the bleed again next Saturday morning anyway.

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
I looked at my rear glass. I have no idea how to put the measurements into words.

The top corners are round....

If you have a top, just trace the empty opening?

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
Did you pick up a sponsor for the Jeep or what?
Lol, that is awesome.

I can’t buy Rotella without thinking of Rotel, just can’t. When I first heard of Rotel, a chick was telling me how much she loved it. To me, I was thinking that this chick is BA. Turns out that she is, but not because of why I first thought.

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
Got me a storage compartment for behind the seat.

Drained the gear oil tasting fluid from the transmission and filled with Rotella 15w-40.

Drained, new gasket and filled the rear differential. The PO used black RTV so I had to use a breaker bar very slooowly to remove the bolts.

Started putting on my OG running boards. They are not laying flat to the body so hopefully putting a heat gun on them will straighten them out.

Picked me up a cap, rotor, plugs n wires. I will throw this on tomorrow morning. Got home and the wires are red......not my style, but maybe I gotsta live a lil?

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
I love having a leak free Jeep! When I bought my latest YJ it had been sitting for 9 years. The only fluids that did not leak were the ones that were empty.

After changing virtually every seal, hose, and gasket holding back every liquid known to exist in a semi-modern vehicle (engine oil, trans. fluid, gear oil, brake fluid, coolant, etc), and every liquid holding vessel (fuel tank, radiator, coolant recovery tank, windshield washer bottle, master cylinder reservoir), I officially have zero leaks as well.

Currently knocking on wood and sleeping with one wary eye open.
There really is no sense in having a seal leak. The parts are generally inexpensive and step by step.

I will probably change the rear main seal next weekend because I am guessing it is original. Less than $20 for a Fel-Pro, how can you go wrong?

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
The last rear main seal i replaced started leaking 2 weeks after i replaced it. They dont always take the first time even if done by the book.
I did some reading on changing out the seals on the yjs. Most only mentioned removing the real main cap. Do you loosen the others as well? That is how I did them on the Fords and it never failed. The guys that only removed the main cap was hit or miss.

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
Installed Infinity speakers in the dash, and a pair of LED taillights. Getting the Infinity’s in there is a little tight, they definitely don’t just fall up behind the dash, I can assure you of that. The taillights are a simple half hour install, including disassembling the inner fender wells. Plastic manufacturing technology was archaic in 1992, this stuff is as brittle as a 20 year old Jolly Rancher.... (that pile of crap is just the left side!).
Why did you remove the inner fender wells?

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
Did a little quick fix on the defrost duct. The windshield heats up super fast now.

“Omix-Ada 17907.07 AC Duct Hose Heater To Defroster AC Duct Hose“ from Amazon

It was super tight to get in there and I wasn’t taking my time, I was trying to beat sunset. I wedged the hell out of it and thought I was going to tear it but decided do or die. I finally turned the jeep on and turned the heat on high. This helped to soften the plastic ducting ever so little to help me squeeze it so I could get the ducting around it. The clips dont clip but this thing is not coming out for nothing.

Attachments

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
I installed the outer glass seals, to keep the little rain that we do get, out of the cab. Surprisingly super easy to remove old and install new. I have since ordered the inners as I think the quality and fit are worth the cost.

These are the part numbers for factory full steel doors that I ordered from Amazon.

Driver’s side outer-
Omix-Ada 12303.07 Door Glass Outer Seal

Driver’s side inner-
Omix-Ada 12303.09 Door Glass Inner Seal

Passenger side outer-
Omix-Ada 12303.06 Door Glass Outer Seal

Passenger side inner-
Omix-Ada 12303.08 Door Glass Inner Seal

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,453 Posts
Looks really good, man. I am not a fan of chrome, but a splash here and there in the right spots really works.

How are you feeling about the new fenders without the armored corners?

1 - 20 of 173 Posts