Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 15528 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
not to be a dick but are they not equal to each other? the right one looks higher. might just be the picture.
I think its the picture I used the stock tail light mounting holes as a guide they do look cockeyed in that pick don't they. Now you've made me want to go measure them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
4 inches from the lip on the tub to the top of the light on both. I was worried there for a sec

·
Registered
698 Posts
good to hear they are correct, just wanted to point that out. sometimes pictures skew things.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do tell...
well im not exactly sure but i think it from 1990 to 97 chrysler used a 20 gallon tank but they extended the vent tube about 7 inches down into the tank so you can only fill it up to 15 gallons. if you google wrangler 15 to 20 gallon gas tank conversion there are a couple of pages that tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This wasn't today but recently. I installed a bumper/tire carrier, got a rim, 20 bucks and a spare. Before this I was rocking no tire carrier or spare. I felt naked and once the addition it gave me the sense that I can go anywhere and not be afraid of getting a flat.

It also adds some beefiness look to the jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Today I purchased a set of Olympic rock sliders/steps. I got them used, took off my old rusted and worn out nerf bars, dry fitted them and tomorrow will be a very productive day. I will be installing them rock crawling side since I don't need the step. Last time I went off road I got stuck and the old nerf bar bottomed out. There was no more room for me to go so the addition of a few inches will help me. Posting pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
253 Posts
^^pics or it didn't happen^^^

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry for the late posting, with the holidays, weather and preparation for moving I have been a bit tied up.

These are made for a TJ but I made them to fit the YJ frame. They are pretty much identical with the exception that I had to drill out the hole to extend the fwd part of the slider to be flush and even with the tub so it's not pointing in. Pretty easy install and much better looking than the nerf bars. Depending on how they hold up eventually I want them to be welded on.

I'll be removing the flares and looking into flat flares eventually to clean it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks good I have been looking at some like that. Are they heavy enough to jack from and will the protect the rockers id you were to slam them on a large rock?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You know I'm not too sure about the jacking/or smashing them into large rocks. I have heard good and bad. I'm 170lbs and jumped on it numerous times to ensure the tightness and strength and it seems to hold up pretty well. It's not loose as I did make sure it was really secure to the frame. When I got them they were pretty heavy and solid, the wekapoint I would worry about the most is attached to the frame and the slide out point where you can adjust the length. Overall the steel is thick, the hardware is grade 8 and there is reinforement as well so I believe you can. I'll let you know when I slam into a rock and if it holds up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well they do look good I still haven't decided on those or the other style rocker guards that cover the rockers. I like the way yours look better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, no pics of interesting mods - yet! But I have been busy on just the minor stuff. I bought a YJ with 222k+ on the clock about three weeks ago. It was converted to a Weber carb and the rear-end has been welded (Lincoln locker) - nice on the trail...pain on the street). My first jeep ever. Here's a list of what I've done so far...

. Cleaned it inside and out (inside was trashed)
. Replaced driver's side courtesy lamp bulb
. Replaced battery cables (and cleaned ten pounds of corrosion out of the battery tray)
. Replaced the driver's side motor mount (what a &^%$#!)
. oil change & filter (5w30)
. greased the front end and driveline
. added 1 gallon of antifreeze (drained out one gallon of what appeared to be straight water)
. changed plugs, cap, rotor & wires today (what a difference!!!)
. put on a set of anodized alumium valve stem caps (didn't have any)
. bought a junkyard rim and tire for a spare & mounted it (although the 33"x12.50" is putting quite a load on the door & hinges)
. repaired the passenger door grab
. Removed some miscellaneous wires to nowhere from battery and what appeared to be an old block heater plug-in

I still need a right front fender (cancer) and I'm gonna line the tub this spring. Need some accessory lighting and a winch too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Today I replaced The rear leaf spring bushings the bolts were hitting the leafs at one end and the other end was the wrong size. That only cost 80 bucks because the trailmaster lift the PO put on uses a bushing size that only they sell. I also removed the track bar so if anybody needs one of those let me know.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well...I bought YJ #3 about 3 weeks ago for a plow jeep, and this is where it's at now. Had to black it all out, even if I only use it to plow with. Got new snow tires and cheap generic knock off's of soft 8's. Looks good, and the wheels were only $39 each.
Where did you find those wheels?

21 - 40 of 15528 Posts