Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 15483 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I didn't do much but i recently replaced both taillight light bulbs and filled my radiator and engine coolant. Just the little things make my day

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Where did you find those wheels?
Local Mom and Pop type tire/wheel place in town. Owner does all my tires. I don't even know the name of them (brand of wheel that is). I showed him what I was looking for and what prices I was looking for and he said no problem. Threw in the new lug nuts and center caps for free since I was buying tire and wheel combo.

I deal local as much as I can since I have a local business. Every time I have done better than getting stuff from 4WD or Quadratec, even with free shipping. I prefer to help out my local business man as much as I can. That's what community is all about.:punk:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I deal local as much as I can since I have a local business. Every time I have done better than getting stuff from 4WD or Quadratec, even with free shipping. I prefer to help out my local business man as much as I can. That's what community is all about.:punk:
I try to deal local as much as possible too sometimes it cost a little more but, in the long run once you build a relationship with a business it tends to work out better for everyone involved.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I too also replaced the steering wheel. I found out the horn works since there was so much rust in the contact metal. On top of that the steering wheel looks and feels better too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Spent the evening with my awesome wife (JeepWench) wrenching on her baby. We took the track bars and sway bar off. slowly but surely transforming her YJ into an off road menace.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Removed all the useless wiring the PO left in the Jeep from defunct alarms, non working lights, stereos, etc etc. Not one connection soldered, half of them werent even put together with but splices. I had hot live wires attatched under the steering column, stretching to the passenger side and cut off and shoved up behind the heater box. A complete alarm was up under the dash, but I didnt get a remote, so out it came. While I was up there I found the switch for the hokey running lights, and it didnt work, so out it came. Now I can see my fuse box, and was able to wire my stereo correctly through ignition instead of live all the time. Wired the left front speaker so it doesnt shut off every time I pushed the clutch in.

All in all, I feel a lot better about it. I cant beleive how people wire crap up. And really cannot beleive they dont burn their cars to the ground. Morons. All fixed now though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Changed oil, oil pressure sensor, and distributor and tried to seal up the gaps between my upper sliders and hard top but thats never gona happen no matter what I try

·
Registered
308 Posts
Removed the hardtop and confirmed that when they painted my Jeep, they did not remove the top. So I had green up there and the rest of my Jeep is white. I taped it off and painted it black with bedliner. Looks pretty good. Figured out how I am gonna mount my Warrior rack, if I dont sell it.

41 - 60 of 15483 Posts