Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 15935 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey all

hey there im new tonight im 19 just bought a 90 wrangler had a question about how the hud/axle lock works iv never seen this before i have a pull noob next to the driver seat that i think locks the axles well i pulled it while stopped put it in 4wd drove through the snow for a bit came to a stop and it popped loud now when it is pulled and driving it makes a clicking and i can feel it in the noob wonderin if anyone had this happen or knows im a ford guy new to this fun stuff of jeeps thank you

·
Registered
79 Posts
Noob? Knob? Lmao.

Speaking of noobs and knobs... This noob put an awesome green skull shifter knob in his Jeep this morning. Then hit a trail. Darn thing rattled loose and one of the set screws worked it's self out. Had to stop and put lock tight on the screws and wait for it to set. I'm on a cell phone, and don't know exactly how large this image is...

Pretty swanky ehh?

Tomorrow, I need to glue the heater vent deflector back on my Jeep tomorrow.

·
Registered
610 Posts
We sell that knob at work. lol
So Yesterday was on the way to work, and the clutch went out on me no warning. Now im waiting to hear back from the trans shop. This sucks

·
Registered
79 Posts
That knob is awesome. However I will never put one back in my jeep. It has 3 little hex key set screws and a rubber gromet that doesn't fit the entire shaft. So the set screws rub on the spline of the shifter rod. Plus the jeep rattles so much the set screws fall out and the shifter just lawls around. Even with blue locktight it broke the screws free lmao. I ended up filling the shifter knob with soft silicon and sticking if on, then red locktight on Tue set screws. It was totally worth it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I built a jig and lifting system for the hard top. Far better than the stupid lift system they sell for $150 or more. I have to come up with a better actual lift, but the jig and hanging hook in the ceiling are done. Cost me about $50 so far. Should be out of it for less than $75 with a cheapo crank, or maybe another $50 for a power winch. I havent decided yet.

·
Registered
233 Posts
parts

Pick up a 12v. air compressor from Harbor Fright today 17.99 on sale, this weekend only. for off roading, will stay in the jeep.
all so picked up some tow hooks,60.00 two were Highlander, and two were Reese, I seen some at Harbor for 8.00, but I don't think I could trust them to do the job.
got some torquk ( speeling ) bits, 8.00 didn't have the sizes I needed at home.

And almost brought down a state patrol in a SUV, he was driving on my 6 in my blind spot, looked in rear view no one behind me no one beside me, turned on my blinker looked over my shoulder and seen this brush gard, scaered the pi$$ out of me. Didn't know it was a stater untill he got along side. You would think that with all that drivers tranning they have they wouldn't do that ( DUMB A$$ ):bottom:You need this.

·
Registered
610 Posts
So i got the jeep back yesterday. New slave cylinder and clutch, new trans mount and new universals. Glad to have her back but damn that clutch is real touchy.i must look like a newby driving it now

·
Registered
253 Posts
Installed electric cooling fan and a new to me set of 33/12.50/15s then decided the fenders needed a trimming so out comes the razor knife. I'll get some pics up soon

·
Registered
698 Posts
got some torquk ( speeling ) bits, 8.00 didn't have the sizes I needed at home.
those sockets are terrible. I bought a set to do a quick job and they ended up just twisting.

·
Registered
402 Posts
those sockets are terrible. I bought a set to do a quick job and they ended up just twisting.
take em back next time you go. lifetime free in-store replacement. I have that same set with no complaints. I have turned virtually every bolt on my jeep with 'em...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
This was done in a week time frame but installed a used JKS telescopic track bar, new air filter, pcv filter, and replaced the crappy spark plug wires with accel and replaced the spark plugs with much better ones, also replaced the cap and rotor. In addition I replaced the worn out, cracked and shredded serpentine belt and changed the oil. I recently installed a Warn bumper with D rings. Looks great and fits right on, originally was made for a TJ but I just drilled the holes larger to make the bumper fit on.

More work to be done...BTW anyone know how I can rip out the stock intake to my 4.2L and install a chevy style intake. There are so many vacuums lines I want to make sure I don't take the wrong ones out. there are no emissions laws here in Oahu. So next I'll be taking my cat out as well as replacing new headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Installed my new Bestop Safari top. Picked up a complete Bestop Supertop, brand new with all hardware for $100!! Score!!! No upper doors, but at that price I will find a set.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sorry for the late posting, with the holidays, weather and preparation for moving I have been a bit tied up.

These are made for a TJ but I made them to fit the YJ frame. They are pretty much identical with the exception that I had to drill out the hole to extend the fwd part of the slider to be flush and even with the tub so it's not pointing in. Pretty easy install and much better looking than the nerf bars. Depending on how they hold up eventually I want them to be welded on.

I'll be removing the flares and looking into flat flares eventually to clean it up.
i have the side steps that mount to the body bolts, i leave the bolts a little loose so when i smash rocks they bend up and then go right back to normal, i have hit some nice rocks with them and they protect the body nicely.
I dont have a pic of it smashing, but i hit this rock on the way down and i didnt have a scratch on the body.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Found a set of practically new, old style Goodyear MT/R 33's on AR steel wagon wheels on craigslist. Can't wait to get them dirty!

·
Registered
29 Posts
1990_YJ said:
This wasn't today but recently. I installed a bumper/tire carrier, got a rim, 20 bucks and a spare. Before this I was rocking no tire carrier or spare. I felt naked and once the addition it gave me the sense that I can go anywhere and not be afraid of getting a flat.

It also adds some beefiness look to the jeep.
I have this same color jeep, same rim and same tire. I've added this project to the queue. It's good to see how it's going to look which is nice.

61 - 80 of 15935 Posts