Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 15935 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
aired up the tire. No idea why it was flat was fine last night and its fine now

·
Registered
135 Posts
got an ammo box to use as lockable storage counsole,didnt want to pay 300 dollars for one ,so modified this ammo box over the weekend,next step is to paint it and install,next weekend. Got lock from hardware store,had to remove carry handle to ammo box and made slot for the tongue of the lock to go into,on back side, flattened l shaped bracket so top would go back fully, brazed the back latch into place so the unit acts as a hinge.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
is that the 20mm box? I have 2 and am trying to decide what to do with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Between yesterday and today, installed vdp sound bar, troubshot and repaired dome lights in the sound bar, installed new bestop supertop, swapped Clarion head unit from my accord with the jeep PO's kenwood. Also, removed PO's stickers that mean absolutely nothing to me.

Next is to find wing nuts and bolts to swap out front speakers and wire them into the radio as the rear speakers with the sound bar as the front ones. May or may not work. We will see!

·
Registered
435 Posts
yesterday i dropped the trans as i thought my throw out bearing and pressure plate were making noise, come to find out i was missing a few bell housing bolts which caused the trans to shift just enough to cause the flywheel to rub on the starter and the inspection plate. now i get to order a new flywheel and swap solenoids from the starter that was in it to my original one which has a broken s-term. oh yea and find new bell housing bolts and a new crank sensor.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This weekend, I added an Mile Marker SEC8 winch and plate, Rampage D-ring mounts on the front (in place of the tow hooks), replaced all stock shackles with new +1" boomerang shackles, and lastly...

Wheeled the hell out of it at DTOR this weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
had a few (16 plus) Bud Lights, and a sawsall party with the jeep, i won.:D

·
Registered
421 Posts
I fixed the drivers door that wouldn't open. The plastic clip from the inside handle broke and it also somehow got stuck in the locked position. Pulled the door apart, sprayed the heck out of the lock/opening mechanism with silicone lube and replaced the plastic clip. Now she's happy again!

Oh, and she got a new pair of original Jeep lights for the window pillars!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Installed an actual late YJ seatbelt for myself. Now I can reach the radio and a/c controls when I am driving. LOL. The seatbelt I had in there was from an 89 and it was way too short.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Removed all the useless wiring the PO left in the Jeep from defunct alarms, non working lights, stereos, etc etc. Not one connection soldered, half of them werent even put together with but splices. I had hot live wires attatched under the steering column, stretching to the passenger side and cut off and shoved up behind the heater box. A complete alarm was up under the dash, but I didnt get a remote, so out it came. While I was up there I found the switch for the hokey running lights, and it didnt work, so out it came. Now I can see my fuse box, and was able to wire my stereo correctly through ignition instead of live all the time. Wired the left front speaker so it doesnt shut off every time I pushed the clutch in.

All in all, I feel a lot better about it. I cant beleive how people wire crap up. And really cannot beleive they dont burn their cars to the ground. Morons. All fixed now though.
Electrical is one thing I haven't gotten me head around yet. I would love clean up all wiring.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mnypitjeep said:
Removed all the useless wiring the PO left in the Jeep from defunct alarms, non working lights, stereos, etc etc. Not one connection soldered, half of them werent even put together with but splices. I had hot live wires attatched under the steering column, stretching to the passenger side and cut off and shoved up behind the heater box. A complete alarm was up under the dash, but I didnt get a remote, so out it came. While I was up there I found the switch for the hokey running lights, and it didnt work, so out it came. Now I can see my fuse box, and was able to wire my stereo correctly through ignition instead of live all the time. Wired the left front speaker so it doesnt shut off every time I pushed the clutch in.

All in all, I feel a lot better about it. I cant beleive how people wire crap up. And really cannot beleive they dont burn their cars to the ground. Morons. All fixed now though.
I did this same thing last week. I also found and old security system. I was afraid to remove it because I think if u do it wrong your jeep may not start since it does interact with the ignition circuits. Any thoughts on how to remove it with out messing up the ignition?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
well it wasnt today but it was yesterday, i gave her brand new sneakers and pretty happy with them, then tried playing in the snow and found out my 4wd isnt working, damn vacuum actuator!

81 - 100 of 15935 Posts