Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

15361 - 15380 of 15419 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Cut the bolt, get new ones and reinstall the opposite direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are the specs on the bolt? Where to buy?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Wow... $10 Shipping and Handling...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Being sequestered and idle I decided to sew a cover for the winch I just installed. I had a spare BBQ cover which was sacrificed for the project. Cut the pattern, sewed it all up in about 4 hours. Sealed the seams with tent sealer to give a little water resistance.

One more rainy day gone and one more little thing done on the Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
What are the specs on the bolt? Where to buy?
Just go to the hardware and get yourself some grade 8 bolts. Take your old one with you and match it up. Don't over complicate things.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Washed, took off the top and stripped off running boards and all hardware. I'm getting ready to clay and buff, repair some chips and a few small dings and paint the plastic running boards. Never done any of this before so should be fun. Anyway, I think anything I do will be an improvement.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bought a couple things for the rig...
#1 - Scored a nice looking pair of soft 1/2 doors for $50 off craigslist that I'll be picking up tomorrow. Should work nicely in sunshine mode. Little rustoleum on the handles will clean them right up.

#2 - Found a sweet camper to put behind the jeep! weighs in at less than 1,000#, comes with a Lock n Roll hitch set up with extendable tongue, same wheel/tire size as my jeep, ARB awning and tent room, solar setup with battery, A/C unit, LED lights inside and out. Super pumped to go pick this thing up in a few weeks. Now just waiting on this quarantine thing to move along...

trailer 4.jpg

·
Registered
447 Posts
I loosened the U bolt plate, swung it out of the way and spun the shock bolt around today. Now I don't have to do it when the new shocks come in... after the money comes in.

What's the procedure for tightening the U bolts? Torque spec?

Went to remove my shocks to measure and I think I have a problem.

Any suggestions on how to get that bolt out other than disassembling the axle/spring?
View attachment 4417561

·
Super Moderator
10,291 Posts
I loosened the U bolt plate, swung it out of the way and spun the shock bolt around today. Now I don't have to do it when the new shocks come in... after the money comes in.

What's the procedure for tightening the U bolts? Torque spec?
Torque on the U-bolts is 90 ft. lbs. I don't know if there's any particular sequence recommended.
Torque for the shock nut is 44 ft. lbs.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Busy day in the shop. I was off work and the wife had to work so I took advantage and got about 12 hours of shop time. I started off by getting my new windshield frame and glass. of course some of the torx bolts did not cooperate and needed drilled out. I broke 2 bits and had to ultimately drill out 3 so not too bad. Here it is. It has some surface rust, but it is only 4 years old. the PO just never painted it. I brought it home for $75.

After that the shop got real busy. I sold the engine and the fenders off the TJ so I had to get that all torn down. I had to cut about half of the fender bolts. I even had to cut holes in the tub to cut a couple of the captured nuts off from the back side. A buddy of mine is going to use the shop to body swap a F350 for his dad. We were discussing my compensation for my shop and I think we settled on the axles from the spare Superduty F350. I think that is a good thing. This is going to cost me a lot of money. Gears, lockers, trusses, wheels, tires, link brackets, and a complete redesign of the front suspension. Oh well. I can build it in stages since I have good axles now.

Since I now have a spare TJ grill.

After dinner I started pulling the trans. I got the skid plate off, both drive shafts, and the t-case. We will finish it up this weekend.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Started installing my new springs and brakes. Took a lot longer than I thought, as thing usually do. Will take the other three springs to a shop to press in the bushings. My Vice decided to die today. Worked great until then.

Have to stop so I can watch my Grandma celebrate her 99th birthday via Facebook live!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
Jeep parts come in tomorrow!

15361 - 15380 of 15419 Posts