Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

15381 - 15400 of 15419 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Front shocks installed today. Rears are on backorder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Today I managed to paint my YJ rims in black, I have to say I am quite happy of the result!!

While I was working on that, I also changed the spark plugs. The previous owner told me they were absolutely ok:

In my weeks of lockdown I also changed the air filter, AX15 oil and transfer case oil.
Now I am waiting for the lockdown to end to go out with my Jeep!!

ciao
Simone

·
Registered
127 Posts
got the new muffler and inside door handle delivered this weekend.

no more waking up the neighborhood with my rusted out exhaust in the mornings. (which is good)

and no more vice-grip door handle! (which is good, but kind of bitter sweet, i had actually gotten used to the vice-grips being there. haha)

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I had a reasonably productive weekend. I got my Ballistic Fab pinion guard mounted on the 9". That thing is all beef...3/8" steel.

I got my back up starter in and it actually works. I installed a T in my trans cooler line for my gauge sending unit.Having it in the pan put it in a vulnerable area since my skid plate doesn't go up that far. I just feel better with it up out of the way. My newish rear drive shaft is in. I spent more time getting this one true so it should not vibrate nearly as much as the old one I threw together. Maybe I can get above 40MPH now. Then I started on my dragging brakes. I don't know if my pistons are rusting in place from it sitting or what is going on. Both passengers side brakes are dragging pretty good. The front one released after a whole bunch of pressure with a C clamp so it did seem that the piston was frozen. I still haven't got the rear figured out it is an odd caliper and I think it needs spun in, but I can't get it to budge.

Then, I brought these into the shop...

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Got the transmission out. Had to grind out one of the top bolts on the bell housing. Funny thing was all the heat from grinding loosened it up. After it cooled down, my buddy spun it out by hand. (Yes we tried using heat before resorting to the cutting wheel) Removed the clutch and flywheel, dropped the oil pan, changed the rear main seal, new pan gasket and put the pan back up. Then the rains came so that was it.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Pulled out the champion double platinums and put in autolite copper cores.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wasted $40 bucks on those for about four hours once, swapped in the Autolite 965's and haven't looked back since. For the price I can change them everytime I do my oil, Helps keep a smooth Idle and no issues on cold starts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wasted $40 bucks on those for about four hours once, swapped in the Autolite 965's and haven't looked back since. For the price I can change them everytime I do my oil, Helps keep a smooth Idle and no issues on cold starts
I got the platinums pretty cheap after a rebate, so I gave em a shot. I had em in for about 6 months and didn’t notice a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
today was a fun mod day on the YJ. since my first post I had a catastrophic failure of the transfer case at freeway speeds.... then the tow truck driver puts the wrecker hook through my front u joint and busts that, which also caused the inner seal to tweek and bleed out... oh, not to mention while working on the transfer case I find the yoke on the rear differential had been replaced after a u-joint failure was all banged up. oh, forgot to mention the clutch and rear main seal leak... also did a handful of other little things, adding LED lights all the way around. Wired for flat towing and also wired for towing. I digress... This is what I did today;

today was a mod for the hardtop. The hardtop side vents seem to vanish, especially the driver's side. today' mod was using aluminum flat stock 2 1/2 x 1/4. hand cut to match the original shape of the vents, then milled to for the inset. these pieces will eventually have LED lights to act as both a side marker and blinker. as the mod goes will update with additional pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I got the platinums pretty cheap after a rebate, so I gave em a shot. I had em in for about 6 months and didn’t notice a difference.

Not sure what your Carb setup is, but, HEI Dizzy's don't like them

·
Registered
145 Posts
Finally got the old jeep put back together. Fenders are all white again and the paint cleaned up decently. It's not a new paint job, but it's not 3K either. I filled all the chips and spots that needed attention. Had to beat out a couple small dings and used bondo on one spot. Looks a lot better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tried using a couple hours free time to get my rear springs on. Turns out the Jeep has seen enough salt to make it more than a couple hour job.... it’ll take some sawzall work on the bolts to finish this spring. Not looking forward to the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
I love shiny parts. I almost want to build a second Jeep that I can just look at and won’t get dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did, mines a DD, but I never take it off the pavement. Gets it dirty and can break parts on it, this way it's always new! lol
IMG_1266.JPG

·
Super Moderator
10,291 Posts
15381 - 15400 of 15419 Posts