Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

15401 - 15419 of 15419 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh I think you are going to need to elaborate on this a bit.......
Lol well its a m45 supercharger off a mercedes. Im working on the rest of the charge tubing now then will be working on moving the throttle cable and extending the wires for iac and tps sensors. It looks really cool just hoping it actually does give it a little extra tq under 2500 where it lacks power terribly lol.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Lol well its a m45 supercharger off a mercedes. Im working on the rest of the charge tubing now then will be working on moving the throttle cable and extending the wires for iac and tps sensors. It looks really cool just hoping it actually does give it a little extra tq under 2500 where it lacks power terribly lol.
Cool. How much boost do you think it will make. Will you have to change the injectors?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cool. How much boost do you think it will make. Will you have to change the injectors?
I hooked up a fmu, it goes in the fuel return line and for every lbs of oost pressure it increases the fuel pressure by 8 psi which forces more fuel out of the injectors so dont have to replace injectors. And hoping to make 5lbs of boost.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
So..I dropped the tank for a couple of reasons today, One was to do the 20 gallon modification and found out it had already been done or it came with a 20 gallon option? Either way I have nothing to do there. The other reason why was to diagnose my ‘no fuel’ gauge issue? I assumed it was the warped basket inside the tank and assumed wrong. My gas gauge sometimes moves and sometimes doesn’t most of the time showing less than a quarter of a tank???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Drove her home.

Been at my buddy’s place for a couple three weeks changed out the clutch, flywheel, master/slave, rear main seal, oil pan and valve cover gaskets. Also did new u joints in both drive shafts.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Well for those of you who know me well, know I have gone through some medical stuff lately and haven’t had a ton of energy like my normal self. It is now fives weeks since my surgery and I had to get out in the shop and keep my mind busy.

When I did the Metalcloak’s on the Keeper, I knew I was going to have shorten up the rock rails to match. I shortened them by 3”, and cut and shortened the step tube accordingly. Back to powder coater shortly. I also drilled out the mounting holes and installed nutsert.

I also got around to starting the 1T steering. The D.O.M. Tubing appears to be cut by a bandsaw with a maladjusted blade, so I trued up the end in the lathe and laid a little chamfer in it prior to welding in the threaded bungs.

If I am feeling up to it I will finish up the steering this weekend.
CBAAB282-D222-4CAB-88D0-6E143CE7E0F3.png 609FFC15-6C38-4D91-B394-0FFBE4222B0B.jpeg 56F159AD-86C4-41DA-B24A-58DF4EEFFB9D.jpeg 8BF138C9-D281-4851-A9B4-909E50A541D4.jpeg 50AEB12B-B9F2-4A6F-A755-00349033CB7A.jpeg 86DEC724-3BF1-4167-8776-EB684D147CD1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
So I am certainly not feeling 100%, but my daughter came over today to start taping off the necessities to do my semi-annual corrosion protection on the suspension, frame, and differentials.

While she and my amazing girlfriend were at it, I decided to knock out the 1T steering.

Reamed the knuckles and pitman, then mocked everything up, made the cuts for the tie rod and drag link, TIG’d the welded bungs on, and assembled it all.

For anyone buying a builders kit from ANY SOURCE, be aware that the tie rod ends may be from different manufactures, and thus, the castle nuts as well. Pay CLOSE attention to the height of the castle nut from the base, to the cuts for the cotter key, as well as the distance from the tip of threads to the hole for the cotter key on the tie rod ends, as both can vary WIDELY.

The reason I state this is that if you set the depth on your reamer for one tie rod end, it my not work for the others, and it may turn into an issue.

Anyway, it was a good day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fixed a bunch of small things today like relocated the dipstick, cleaned and changed the oil in the supercharger, made a temporary throttle cable bracket, and extended the wires for the sensors on the throttle body. Then did a final assembly on the supercharger. Just waiting on one charge pipe coupler then i can start it. I do still have to get a air/fuel ratio gauge, but ill just drive it easy till i get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
gave to radio a proper mount, something the PO apparently never though of. and cleaned up their hack job on the center dash. also fixed the exhaust, so nice not having a muffler that i can fit my fist through the side of.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed the non-stock item in the picture. Also I further aired my tires down to 25psi, which is still probably a little high, but drastically better than the 41 psi the PO had them at.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Drove it today. After a week of rain, and a week of vacation. Took the top and doors off and took the wife out driving.

15401 - 15419 of 15419 Posts