·
Los Angeles
1,526 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Five New Shoes...

Stuck with the BFG T/A KO2s 33", 12.5, 15
Had to sign a waiver even though the guy I ordered from at the shop asked me if I wanted to go up to 35"s 😲

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Waiver? For the tire size on the rim??
When I first got my Jeep, I had to take my bare wheels into the tire store so that they'd mount my 31s on them. No mention of waiver. All they said was to not bring the Jeep.

Now, my neighbor has opened a huge tire store just down the road from my house. That's where I go for tires now. No BS and good prices.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: steves92

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Reactions: steves92

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,651 Posts
Finally got a line on an AX-15 and bell housing locally, gonna go take a look at it tomorrow. funny thing is, They want a core, When I told him all I had was a BA/10 for the core I could hear him laughing after he dropped the phone.....Said he would give me $50 credit for it instead of the $100 he usually gets. When He asked me why I was Laughing I had to tell him "That's $50 more than I would have ever thought of getting for one". Then I tried to sell him on $50 for the extra one I have laying around, He said stop talking before he changes his mind. I shut up and told him Id see him tomorrow. Hope it's worth the trip downtown tomorrow....

Reactions: JonStevens

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Keep us posted on how it goes.

I bought my pre-bled master/slave setup from Rock Auto. It was the Perfection Performance Products #PF9002 (also called Perfection Clutch). Both the master and slave are metal, not plastic like the slave cylinder that came attached to the used Cherokee bell housing when I bought it.
Rock Auto also had the pilot bearing for $7.83. National Bearing #FC69907 Advanced Adapters has the exact same thing for $23.00. You'll need the special bearing to fit the 3/4" AX15 input shaft into a 4.2 crankshaft.
My throw out bearing is M-Pact #BK05065 $27.79 at Rock Auto. I bought a LUK clutch kit but it came with a part plastic throw out bearing so I decided I wanted an all metal TO bearing and bought the one through RO.

The transmission mount from Advanced Adapters was $42.02 but the shipping was $23.45. AA part # 716007. Even for $65.00, I think it's a decent deal. It saves a bunch of fabrication. It's real sturdy and comes with the necessary spacers and hardware.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,651 Posts
Finally got a line on an AX-15 and bell housing locally, gonna go take a look at it tomorrow. funny thing is, They want a core, When I told him all I had was a BA/10 for the core I could hear him laughing after he dropped the phone.....Said he would give me $50 credit for it instead of the $100 he usually gets. When He asked me why I was Laughing I had to tell him "That's $50 more than I would have ever thought of getting for one". Then I tried to sell him on $50 for the extra one I have laying around, He said stop talking before he changes his mind. I shut up and told him Id see him tomorrow. Hope it's worth the trip downtown tomorrow....
AX-15 with shift lever assembly, external Bell housing, clutch fork, trans. mount, 4wd transfer case shift bracket, and a 98 DD brake booster and master, $900. 150k on the trans, shifts smooth and output spins in all gears. Not the best deal out there, but saves me a bunch of time in hunting down parts.

More stuff laying around the garage for a few months now, Damn....

15801 - 15809 of 15809 Posts