Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
16281 - 16290 of 16290 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,961 Posts
About that worn hood/cowl seal...

good as new

View attachment 4527242
So the noise is gone, even with the new cowl seal? If so, Great!
On mine, the noise went away when I put a new cowl seal on but the noise came back as the seal compressed and wore. That's when I added a layer of adhesive backed weatherstrip, rather than another new cowl seal. Keep that in mind in case your noise returns.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
'88 Wrangler YJ 4.2 / Weber 32/36 / Nutter'd / Stick
95 Posts
So the noise is gone, even with the new cowl seal? If so, Great!
On mine, the noise went away when I put a new cowl seal on but the noise came back as the seal compressed and wore. That's when I added a layer of adhesive backed weatherstrip, rather than another new cowl seal. Keep that in mind in case your noise returns.

Good Luck, L.M.
Didn't road test it, but was able to "bounce" it a little by hand. I'm going to just leave my fix in place and be glad that water is hopefully channeling away from the battery at least. My original seal was literally useless anyhow.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Today I lost turn signals and brake lights. Today I also dug the M*F** packrat nest out of the left tail light assembly. Tomorrow I search for shorted wires.

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,419 Posts
Got myself a pintle hitch for $30 today. Watch enough MattsOffRoadRecovery and how can you live without one?!

I will shorten it up a bit but just wanted to get it mounted. I actually cut 2" off of it to get the hole lined up. I will use a bandsaw at work to recut it.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Wheel

Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle Asphalt Street light

·
Registered
'88 Wrangler YJ 4.2 / Weber 32/36 / Nutter'd / Stick
95 Posts

·
Commercial Member
8,296 Posts
16281 - 16290 of 16290 Posts