Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and put 1/2 nuts on the hinges then took my door panel off and used the mount thing that's already there for the strap and put this wire cord through there and then through where the strap hooks on because there's a spot you can run it through

image-2061493734.jpg

image-2880056833.jpg

image-3253894500.jpg

image-1815345212.jpg

image-976938993.jpg

image-4031041515.jpg

·
Registered
422 Posts
I went and put 1/2 nuts on the hinges then took my door panel off and used the mount thing that's already there for the strap and put this wire cord through there and then through where the strap hooks on because there's a spot you can run it through

View attachment 1030649

View attachment 1030657

View attachment 1030665

View attachment 1030673

View attachment 1030681

View attachment 1030689

You know I thought you were going in another direction. When I saw that you installed nuts, I thought he is going to drill and tap the nuts a use small allen head screws to tighten against the studs so you could not just lift them out. You know I may just do that, Hey thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know I thought you were going in another direction. When I saw that you installed nuts, I thought he is going to drill and tap the nuts a use small allen head screws to tighten against the studs so you could not just lift them out. You know I may just do that, Hey thanks for the idea.
Didn't have to drill anything at all we just kinda went with it and put the cord where we could plus I can still get the doors off with some time and work

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a great idea. I just leave my doors at home most of the time lol.
I'd much rather have them off but I still need to get mirror relocation brackets so I can still go on the highway and shit I'd have them off way more if my parents wouldn't get so mad

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Crime is not Real High here but I did use Ny-Lock nuts on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts