Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we had a nice 70+ degree sunday yesterday, I took the day to drive around backroads across CT topless. Well, I forgot one thing - a hat.

Lesson learned: Bald Head + Topless Jeep + Sun = potential tan/burn

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Don't worry, I'm sure Smittybuilt will come up with some Velcro hat-holder thingy.....:D:D:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ha! Same thing for me.. didn't really know until I got in the shower with the hot water hitting my head! Going out today to get a booney hat with the chin strap!

·
i am fluent in kryptonian
524 Posts
Yup learned my lesson the hard way too. Now I keep a hat stuffed between my seat and the center console just to be safe

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
How do you guys keep getting burnt , I can spend all day in the sun and never even get burnt or even red

Now sweat is what bugs me , no hair to slow it does

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm going to agree with you guys, I have a shaved head and always have sunscreen in the center console or try to have a hat. Another really important lesson that I have learned when wearing a hat while your driving around without a top. Get a fitted "FlexFit" anything somewhat loose will fly off your head at the first gust of wind. That, or drive around with the hat backwards.

This is what the hat looks like from the inside. The flexfit band is awesome when you have a shaved head, it really does a great job of staying on.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I learned this the hard way as well. Not on my head, but on the side of my face and the neck area... Now I have a spiderwebshade but still put on sun tan lotion if I know I'll be driving in the middle of arizona afternoon.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
You have to lay down a base. As soon as the weather starts getting nice, get out in the sun. Do some yard work, take a walk. Got to get the tan built up. Takes time, otherwise you burn, then peel, and that looks funky.

This is from experence, I've been taking lunch walks in the spring sun for quite a few years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts