Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a buddy with a dually like that and it would get stuck with two wheels on the pavement and two wheels in wet grass.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
they have commercials with a tundra towing the space shuttle. just getting something to move isnt that hard if you have traction and whatever is stuck isnt deep in mud or snow and the ground is relatively flat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had a buddy with a dually like that and it would get stuck with two wheels on the pavement and two wheels in wet grass.
I like my JK, but my dually has never been stuck in the mud or snow, even with 12,000 pounds behind it. Just sayin.........................................

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
A dually with no weight in the bed has half the traction of a single tire truck. Not hard to get stuck on wet grass with one. Ive had plenty of them stuck . With some weight and good tires they can go good.

·
Registered
2015 JK Red
3,185 Posts
Just pulled this big chevy 4500 out of some dirt today. Really impressed with my jku! Especially considering that my jeep was half the size of it!

View attachment 2017113
I'm happy for you and that this situation worked out for you. Be very careful in the future and learn the correct ways and equipment to use when dealing with really stuck vehicles as this can lead to serious injuries for the uneducated and or bystanders.

Providing help to the stranded can rewarding but requires knowledge of "how to" do it safely & correctly.

Just some advice from an old retired Bostsun Mate & Salvage Diver.:happyyes:

·
Registered
1994 Jeep Wrangler
139 Posts
Had my brother in laws full size Chevy Pickup pulled out of the sand by a Suzuki Samurai .
He still hates to talk about it but there are pictures.
I have got stuck on wet grass before,very embarrassing.
Doesn't take much to get rolling if you have the right tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.