Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
yep,that's a postal jeep...it might be this one.......
DJ-5 – Dispatcher (postal) version of the CJ-5, made ’65-8? by Jeep and then AM General. Only 2-wheel drive versions were available. A DJ-6 (long, like the CJ-6) was also made from ’65-68.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's amazing how basic they were! The guy ripped a nice burn out though! I would deff drive one! That's for sure!

·
Registered
177 Posts
strip it down, big block...lowered.....ratty goodness

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
it looks like your YJ was so confused that it exploded.

giggled a little

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I remember years back when you could buy them for nothing because nobody wanted them.that may have changed now but I don't know.there is one sitting behind a guys house down the road from me..

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
The first Jeep I owned was a DJ5. They are 2wd with a 2-speed automatic transmission.
Great for postal work. Mine had, and I think they came that way, positraction rearends ... so they actually did quite well, um, with some good tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first jeep was. 71 DJ5A, rare left hard drive, 248ci straight 6, 2sp auto trans. Had rear "fender skirts" That I cut out to put 31s on white spoke wheels on it, and the sliding doors would come off by removing the stops on the rear bumper. Put a passenger seat and a stereo in it, got me thru high school.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts