Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
When cruising on highway, the front tires start to shake violently back and forth. Not to be confused with mild shimmy or tire out of balance, this is a violent shake. Read sticky at top of thread list.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If that happened to me I would definitely need to have my seats cleaned!! And I don't scare easy at all but that would pucker up my butt hole... Lol, does that only happen with the new JK or can it happen to any jeep model?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I had NASTY death wobble for 3 months because my tires were unbalanced and I didn't want to pay to have bald tires balanced when I was upgrading. It would shake VIOLENTLY at 48-53mph I just learned to not go between that speed. If i gased it hard at 48 until I got to 55mph it wouldn't shake and if I braked from 55 to 45 I could skip death wobble :) yea I know I'm crafty...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just learned to not go between that speed. If i gased it hard at 48 until I got to 55mph it wouldn't shake and if I braked from 55 to 45 I could skip death wobble :) yea I know I'm crafty...
LOL!! That's EXACTLY what I did for several months as well!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had NASTY death wobble for 3 months because my tires were unbalanced and I didn't want to pay to have bald tires balanced when I was upgrading. It would shake VIOLENTLY at 48-53mph I just learned to not go between that speed. If i gased it hard at 48 until I got to 55mph it wouldn't shake and if I braked from 55 to 45 I could skip death wobble :) yea I know I'm crafty...
That's what I am doing right now. Just don't let my wife or daughter drive the Jeep right now... Mine happens at 55...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Look at the very top of the page,there are pages of info.If you every get it,you will know by the dookie-stained drawers you will be wearing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts