Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my 1975 CJ5 needs the steering box replaced. This Jeep is new to me and I am slowly trying to fix the many issues it has. It appears to have been rode hard with little serious maintenance (or love).

One of the isssues I have with the steering is it seems the ratio is to high. I mean the steering wheel needs to turn to far for a intrinsic feel.

Most of the replacement boxes I have been seeing on line seem to be 14:1 ratio so I am assuming this must be what would feel "right" if installed. I don't want to start second guessing what the auto tech's have found to be the best ratio to use.

I would take into consideration any input from this forum before proceeding. Thanks...……..

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think my 1975 CJ5 needs the steering box replaced. This Jeep is new to me and I am slowly trying to fix the many issues it has. It appears to have been rode hard with little serious maintenance (or love).

One of the isssues I have with the steering is it seems the ratio is to high. I mean the steering wheel needs to turn to far for a intrinsic feel.

Most of the replacement boxes I have been seeing on line seem to be 14:1 ratio so I am assuming this must be what would feel "right" if installed. I don't want to start second guessing what the auto tech's have found to be the best ratio to use.

I would take into consideration any input from this forum before proceeding. Thanks...……..
Do you have power steering? If not that might be why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts