Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep the following in my trunk so I don't get stranded...
  1. Tire Jack/Lug Wrench (Came With 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport)
  2. Tire Inflater/Jump Starter (Black & Decker Electromate 400)
  3. Extra Antifreeze (Prestone 50/50)
  4. Serpentine Belt (Gates K060910 V Belt)
  5. Tension Gauge (Gates 91132 Krikit II)
  6. Ratchet Wrench (Craftsman 3/8 Inch Drive)
  7. Socket Set (Includes Standard 15 mm)
Any other suggestions? I want something that can patch up hoses but am not sure of the best solution. Is duct tape good enough? Thanks for any ideas...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I carry only wrenches, sockets, allens, and stars that are needed for any repairs that might need to be done.. I watched a guy on a trail one day, whip out an entire set of 1/2" 1/4" 1/8" sockets , and an entire set of wrenches, etc etc... three quarters of those tools will never be used on a jeep, just taking up space, and lots of extra weight. We travel light, carrying only what might be needed, including, belts, hoses, fluids, tire repair kit, portable compressor, electrical tools, extra wire, ratchet straps, etc... Hard core wheelers will even carry extra axles, hubs, steering boxes etc.. Motto,,, take what you need, and need what you take... Happy wheelin!! ;)

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
I keep a small bag of hand tools, portable air compressor (it would take a half hour to fill one of my tires), jumper cables, tow strap, small first aid kit and a red flag. I'm fixing to add a sleeping bag and some non-perishables (road trip in the near future).

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
tangofox007 said:
I wish I had been there; never seen a 1/8" socket set. Must be for toy cars.
Oops. Did I say 1/8" sockets,, I meant 1/2" 3/8" and 1/4". ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts