Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

A buddy of mine is thinking of selling is 2011 JKU. Is is a black Sport with power package, AT, but dreaded 3.21 gears. Why dreaded? He also has BFG 35's on AEV wheels and a 2in Teraflex lift. 14,000 miles located in San Diego. Anyhow, Im not sure how the lift and wheels impact the value vs. what Edmunds, etc shows. Anyone have a rough idea of what a good selling price may be?

Thanks!
Quinn

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
All,

A buddy of mine is thinking of selling is 2011 JKU. Is is a black Sport with power package, AT, but dreaded 3.21 gears. Why dreaded? He also has BFG 35's on AEV wheels and a 2in Teraflex lift. 14,000 miles located in San Diego. Anyhow, Im not sure how the lift and wheels impact the value vs. what Edmunds, etc shows. Anyone have a rough idea of what a good selling price may be?

Thanks!
Quinn
Sorry, but that is in impossible combination.
It is either a manual (if it has 3.21's)....or it has 3.73's (if it is an auto).....or it is a 2012 (auto and 3.21's).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, but that is in impossible combination.
It is either a manual (if it has 3.21's)....or it has 3.73's (if it is an auto).....or it is a 2012 (auto and 3.21's).
Im looking at the window sticker that states 3.21 and 4 speed AT. Ill upload it if you like.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Im looking at the window sticker that states 3.21 and 4 speed AT. Ill upload it if you like.
Before you do...check the sticker a bit more. The auto trans is an option, and that should include 3.73's on a 2011

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before you do...check the sticker a bit more. The auto trans is an option, and that should include 3.73's on a 2011
Right you are! Thanks. :redface: I only saw the 3.21 in standard equipment and not the 3.73 in optional.

So, any idea on value?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Right you are! Thanks. :redface: I only saw the 3.21 in standard equipment and not the 3.73 in optional.

So, any idea on value?
Well, is your friend looking to get a new Jeep...or just get rid of it?
I ask because it might be better to pull the wheels and lift and sale (or swap) those by themselves.

KBB, Edmunds, NADA, and Carmax are all what I used to get an estimate on my Liberty that I'm trading in. The average of KBB, Edmunds, and NADA were spot on with what CarMax offered me. (Which is a trade-in value, not a private sale value).

I'd use those websites, then look at what similar Wranglers are selling for on CarMax and AutoTrader, and Cars.com to come to a conclusion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, is your friend looking to get a new Jeep...or just get rid of it?
I ask because it might be better to pull the wheels and lift and sale (or swap) those by themselves.

KBB, Edmunds, NADA, and Carmax are all what I used to get an estimate on my Liberty that I'm trading in. The average of KBB, Edmunds, and NADA were spot on with what CarMax offered me. (Which is a trade-in value, not a private sale value).

I'd use those websites, then look at what similar Wranglers are selling for on CarMax and AutoTrader, and Cars.com to come to a conclusion.
He's looking to just get rid of it. He lives on Coronado and apparently rarely drives it now. It also came from the dealer he bought it from with the wheels/tires/lift, so nothing to replace them with. He just wants to sell the entire package. I also may be interested, but am not crazy about that motor unless I could get a great deal...but don't want to rip a friend off either. If he could do better down there, then he should.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
While his Jeep sounds nice, I think you should pass. You don't want to lowball a friend and the 3.6/5 speed is where you want to be if you are spending that kind of $$. If is was a 2008, for $17K it's a consideration, unfortunately it's not.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Yeah....honestly.....he is better off selling it to someone who does not "know better". He can get more that way. Of course...that person will show up here the day after they buy it posting "I just got my first Jeep, a 2011 Wrangelr with 35's...do I need to re-gear?"

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I will send $200 cash for it today. Cash.

·
Registered
821 Posts
When I was thinking about selling my car vs trading it in I found a site you might be able to use. It will show what Jeeps are going for locally. I'm not sure how the mods would affect the price. I would guess you would be lucky to get half what you paid for them back.

LINK-> www.cargurus.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts