Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a photo after researching, but I have no idea what the giant turbine looking thing is. Do you know?

·
Premium Member
302 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Pretty funky eyelids, too! :D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. That must be LOUD!!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So does that jeep qualify as an early mall-crawler?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I believe that is a Federal "Q" siren. Would have to have a heck of an alternator when you hit the switch for that. We have those on our Engines and they draw a ton of amps to run. Would certainly get your attention to hear it then see a Jeep cruising by.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Probably was a Forrest service or something on those lines, Funny how old CJ's look cool with chrome, but modern era jeeps look like crap with shiney stuff.
Agreed. I've seen a few CJ's around here and instead of waving, I feel like I should be saluting it. :)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Agreed. I've seen a few CJ's around here and instead of waving, I feel like I should be saluting it. :)
Yup! I used to get lots more waves with my '79 CJ5 than now with my new 4 door JKUR. Though it helps to have the soft top all the way down and half door uppers off, not looking all spiffed...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts