Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - long story short - ordered the combo on Friday morning from DTD and received an email with tracking numbers for 5 packages. Each weighs an identical 35.80 lbs. it looks like these tires weigh 49 lbs and wheels weigh 18 lbs. does anyone know if they mount them at the factory and then ship? If so, why would the package weigh less for any reason other than they shipped the wrong tires??

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh..... :confused:

Should be mounted balanced ready to go ?
I can't think of anything at all. It's not like they can put less air in them and have them weigh less. I'm guessing they f'ed up which makes me sad because I feel like I've waited forever to get these tires.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
AU95 said:
I can't think of anything at all. It's not like they can put less air in them and have them weigh less. I'm guessing they f'ed up which makes me sad because I feel like I've waited forever to get these tires.
No... What's listed for the weight of the tire is without air. So tire 50 lbs + wheel-under 20 lbs should be around 70 lbs mounted.

Dunno..... Maybe somebody will chime in .

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a good point - I remember the UPS hubs we had at my old work where you had to weigh it yourself. I am wondering if DTD used a dummy weight to cut down on shipping rates. Maybe I read too many conspiracy novels.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If I had to bet, I'd guess that they have some kind of flat rate deal with the shipping company since they are high volume. Anything is possible though and I'm just guessing. I hope you get the correct order! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts