Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Wrangler Rubicon with front and rear Dana 44's. What is the best choice for synthetic gear lube and the quantity I need to buy to replace lube in both front and rear differentials?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmmmm around 2.7pints for the front, 4.75 pints for the rear. However did you change the diff covers with aftermarket? That would change the quantity some. Ordinarily you fill till it comes out the filler plug. As far as what type... I would love to hear what others use. I offroad my jeep and use Redline, to resist the shock induced by off roading.... my 2 cents.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
My #1 choice is Torco 85W-140 dino gear lube, I won't run a synthetic gear lube because in hard use, the gears run hotter when bathed in synthetic gear lube. Currie Enterprises is a good source for the Torco gear lube, they sell it with their name on the bottle. Currie Enterprises - Custom Rearends, Jeep/Off-road Parts, Crate Rearends, 4x4 Rearends. In fact, Currie's axle warranty requires the customer use only dino gear lubes in their axles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts