Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to park my Jeep for a few months and many have recommended adding a fuel stabilizer. I think it's a good idea but not all are created equal. Can anyone recommend a brand that they've had some particular success with - particularly over longer periods?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have always used Seafoam for all my small engine applications(snow blower, lawnmower, trimmer). I put the appropriate amount in, depending on how much fuel is left, then let it equipment run for a while. My stuff starts right up after 6 months or so of sitting.

I don't see why Seafoam wouldn't work for the amount of time you want to store your Jeep.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I've got to park my Jeep for a few months and many have recommended adding a fuel stabilizer. I think it's a good idea but not all are created equal. Can anyone recommend a brand that they've had some particular success with - particularly over longer periods?

Many thanks!
STA-BIL is what we use in our small engines all the way up to classic cars that don't get driven much and the boat that sits idle all winter. I have never had an issue it and would recommend it highly. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Ryan

·
Registered
830 Posts
+1 on seafoam for fuel stabilizer. I've stored lots of vehicles for 7+ months using seafoam and every time they start up immediately.

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts

Many thanks!
Stabil. The best product of it's kind. It was invented by a chemist, and later purchased by a big company. I use it on my s2000 (stays parked all year) and it fires right up and runs VERY well (turboed, so it is VERY sensitive to gas). Use about 2 shot glasses per tank. You can use more, but it's not necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Stabil blue formula. You should be able to find it at Wallmart.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I use the regular version of STA-BIL in our motorcycles. Nothing worse than gummed up carbs.

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
I use the regular version of STA-BIL in our motorcycles. Nothing worse than gummed up carbs.
simple solution, dont stop riding :D

also, take a look at Starbrite enzyme fuel treatment. we used it in the jet skis and boats in the first tank of the season for many years, all with good results. buddy of mine just used some on his MG after bringing it out of winter storage as well. he seems happy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quicksilver Quickstor Fuel Stabilizer. I was using StaBil, but no more after my boat engine gummed up after just 3 months stored outside from bad gas.
Now I only use Quicksilver, my gas and engine has never had these problems again. I also use it on cars when stored and on small engines.
You can buy it at Walmart, at the boat accessories area. Stuff is good!

·
Registered
94 Posts
The only think I run in my boats is Startron Enzyme treatment and yamalube (yamaha outboards).

If I was going to store my Jeep for any period of time that is what I would use.

Gotta love the politicians and their Infinite wisdom on ethanol fuels and low sulfur diesel. Pinheads.

Phase separation and fuel hose deterioration is a killer.

I am not a fan of stabil products.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Find gas without ethanol and I always use Seafoam.

·
Registered
817 Posts
All the above work well. I've used them all, and haven't noticed any difference. Just remember to read the label and make sure that it treats ethanol. I have used them in all my chainsaws, weedwhackers, lawnmower, lawn tractor, atv's, snowmobiles, motorcycles and haven't had to drain the fuel.....just add some stabilizer, fill the tank with fuel, and put it away with no concerns.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts