Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking the dealer, he tried to sell me 3 skid plates:

- The Differential skid plate is $100.00
- The Steering linkage skid plate is $340.00
- The Evap Fuel Canister skid plate is $160.00

These are $CAD, not $USD, so don't worry if it's a bit high.

I'm a beginner 4x4er. I am not too wild with it, as it is a new jeep, but I have already hung it up a couple times on a dirt track I built and had to use the excavator to pull it out. Other than that, I don't do too much wild 4x4, just easy scenic trails and beaches.

Do you recommend me getting any of these 3? Any of them a waste of money right now?

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Diff skid is probably a good investment, but the one you really want is the EVAP skid. The factory one is pretty flimsy and I'll be upgrading mine and adding transmission/oil pan skids as soon as my jeep funds replenish.

Joe

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diff skid is probably a good investment, but the one you really want is the EVAP skid. The factory one is pretty flimsy and I'll be upgrading mine and adding transmission/oil pan skids as soon as my jeep funds replenish.

Joe
It's a nice surprise to hear that the 2 cheaper ones are the ones I need the most.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I would recommend doing your research on here and on google. Get the name brand from your dealers prices and see where they compare to others such as RockHard4x4 and Smitybilt.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts